Thursday, May 13, 2010

Girl's Birthday Party

We drove up to my sister's last weekend for the girl's birthday parties. Kiersi turned 4 on May 2nd and Kayden will be 3 on May 26th so she just has their parties together. And boy was it a party! Nothing is done simple in my sister's mind. She's a little Martha Stewart in the making (minus the going to jail thing). It was a pirate and princess party. She had the girls all dressed up as princesses and had made princess skirts for all the girls. Then she had pirate hats, swords, and eye patches for the boys. Amazing food...or course....and amazing cakes...of course. Weston had a blast....they had a bounce house and he didn't leave it!
My little pirate....

Mallory and Jason and the boys were there too. Gosh they've grown.....that Eli is adorable! He makes me just want to squeeze him and take him home with me. Pops made 2 little buddies real quick when he started feeding them cake. Kai was calling dad Pops before the night was over.

This was on the road.....potty training is going pretty good. He had to go but I guess he wasn't a fan of going on the side of the road because he wouldn't sit long on his potty chair. No accidents in the car though! Way to go little boy!

Caleb got his fair share of attention too! Some of my extended family were there at the party and so he got plenty of loving on. Here's his Great-Grandma Martin and cousin Ashley....

His Great Grandma Platt and Great Grandpa Platt....this is the Grandpa that he is named after.

His Great Aunt Diane and of course his Grams (that never wanted to put him down all weekend :)

It was like a vacation for Weston because he got to be with his Pops non-stop. This is the best thing in the world for this little boy. I don't know what it is but he absolutely LOVES his Pops. Sunday afternoon after his nap, he got to ride the golf cart in between his dad and Pops. Logan said he had one hand on his leg and one hand on Pop's leg. They went down in the pasture to the railroad tracks that run in the back of my grandparents property. They waited and got to see the train come by. This was like a dream for Weston! He loves trains! Then he got to get on Pop's tractor too. He was in heaven the entire afternoon.
We had a great weekend. Logan took Monday off and so we got to spend a little longer in Weatherford on Sunday. Thanks to my mom for taking Caleb on Sunday night I got my first 4 hour stretch of sleep!!!! It was amazing!!!! Oh, and we also got to go to North Side (my parent's church in Weatherford) and see all my dad's hard work on the new sanctuary. It's amazing! I know he put countless hours into it and it looks great. We are so proud of him and all he did for that.
It was a great Mother's Day weekend. It was really fun to be with family. When we got home on Monday I got my gift from my boys. It was a grill/griddle that goes on your cooktop, running socks, and a frame that is a chalkboard that he wrote "my boys" on. I loved it all. I can't believe I'm a mom of two but I sure am thankful for them. I love being their mom!

No comments: