Thursday, February 1, 2024

Cast, First Chemo, Friends, and Homecoming Week!

And once I was home I hit the ground running....that next day I had an appointment with my oncologist and got set up to start chemo a little over a week later.  It was a miracle to get things rolling that quick!  I was so thankful because to be honest I felt quite terrible.  I had no energy and it was just hard to not be able to do what I wanted to do.  The next day I got to have lunch with Caleb which was awesome and felt so normal.
Then I took Tyson to get his cast put on.  He did great and decided to cast it since it's the beginning on football season.  We got a waterproof cast and it went great.  Peaster blue and also he said blue for colon cancer :). Love him!

I picked him up some CFA and then got him back to school.  I was the first one to sign his cast of course!!!  I love him to pieces.
That next Monday I got to do my first full dose chemo.  Logan took me to the cancer center in Fort Worth.  I'm SO thankful I don't have to go all the way to UTSW in Dallas....they have a location in Fort Worth.  It was super nice....had my own room with windows.  

It took most of the day but so thankful to be home and getting going.  I felt SO much peace about today.  
I get 3 drugs dripped on IV while I'm there but I go home with the 4th drug going in really slowly through a pump.  So this "bag" is my new friend for 2 days.

Caleb got a mid week birthday celebration with Reese.  They LOVE being with Mr. Matthew in his cool car :)

This is me in my little portable sauna....the things I do :)
sweet friends....
love them!
We hosted the 10th graders for a swim party before the summer was over.  The water was so far down but they all had a great time.  Awesome group of kids!

Next up was Homecoming Week!!!  Peaster's homecoming seemed so early this year and it was a bit warm but we made it!  
We started the week with a parade.  Caleb was with his football team, Tyson with his flag football team and I rode in it with the school board.  It went fine but I was definitely tired and ready to go home afterwards :(.










The entire week was dress up themes so it was busy!!!

Feeding Ruby in her skirt and boots just about melts me....so cute!

And to end the week we had our annual football party at our house.  It was SO fun and I was so thankful to host it.  We had an awesome turn out.....tons of sweet families that we love so much!!

























I didn't quite make it to the football game after that but still so thankful for our crew and time with everyone!  Such a fun week!

No comments: