Thursday, February 1, 2024

Saying Good-bye in California and Coming HOME!

It was VERY emotional saying bye to my family but thankfully it worked out that Jordan could come and be with me.  She made it there before they even left so that was so good!  We had the best time just being together and talking.  She's an oncology nurse so she knows all the lingo. She was so interested in all that I was doing.  But it was also good to start talking about conventional chemo with her because that's definitely what she knows.  We shopped some one night and the sunset was incredible!

I had a lot of anxiousness about what was next....not about doing it or not doing it but just ready to be home and get going.  I had all my records sent to my oncologist in Texas but all that just takes time.  I was praying he would be willing to see me soon!  I'm still feeling so bloated which is just hard and so uncomfortable.  Jordan and I headed to hyperthermia and I got to see Pinzon my doctor there.  I told him my plans to go home and he was very supportive.  I think he thinks it's best too.  Poor Jordan got a migraine on our way back.  She felt terrible and even got sick to her stomach.  I felt SO bad for her!  We ate dinner when we got back and she was feeling a lot better.  
Here's what hyperthermia looks like!
You can even see how bloated my belly is in this picture....not fun :(
Jordan left and I had one night by myself.  It wasn't too bad....I cleaned the condo and got ready for Catherine who flew in the next morning.  I heard back from TX doctor and they can get me in on the 17th!  So thankful!  I've been asking and pleading for His direction and really feel like he is leading me back home with my family and to do full dose chemo.  
Catherine came and it was so good to be with her.  She stayed with me at the center while I did treatments and then drove me to Santa Monica for hyperthermia.  We came back to condo and just talked for a long time.  Trying to work out all the details of coming home.  I did eboo -- ozone therapy for your blood.  It's so good for you so I wanted to squeeze this in before I left.  Catherine sat with me and Trish did it for me.  She went over all my labs and stuff too.  

It takes your blood out, filters it and puts oxygen in it and then puts it back in you.  It's kinda like dialysis.  

After my treatment we went and got our toes done together.  It was the best :).  Then we ate at Sweet Greens and came home and watched a show.  

The next day we did hyperthermia early and then headed to the beach.  We tried Huntington Beach for the first time and it was amazing!!  It was kinda cloudy but the beach was beautiful.  We stopped and got a chai latte at a coffee shop and drank them on the beach.  She'd been wanting me to try them for a long time and I finally got to.  It was so fun and tasted so good.  


 
Sadly she had to leave but Melody came back to help me with my last few days in CA.
Saying bye to all my sweet friends was hard....BJ from NY was my chemo buddy.  She was always so joyful and so sweet to me.  I will miss her tons!
I squeezed in as many IVs as I could before it was time to go!

These two were some of my closest.  Dianna and I started at the center at the same time.  We connected instantly.  She prayed with me the very first time we met and never once did we stop talking about the Lord.  Marissa was a recent towards the end friend.  I was sitting by her one day and finally we started talking.  She's from ALEDO!!!  So we instantly bonded and text so much with each other.  She's going to be an amazing support once I get home which I know is exactly what the Lord had planned.
And these sweet friends will forever be on my heart.  Hanadi is from TX and lives super close to me.  She's a fighter and has gone through so much.  She was such an encouragement.  Kathryn is also a fighter but has the best smile that is full of joy.  She is from Houston so we connected instantly on that.  She has battled for over 4 years so she had so much insight and wisdom to share.  I love them both!
Also had to say bye to my sweet team at hyperthermia.  This isn't all of them but they were like family to me.  They were always SO positive and cheered me on every single treatment!!  I will miss them!
Had to say bye to the mini.....gosh I'm not even sure how many miles I logged in that thing but it was great and did the job.  Such sweet friends to make that happen for us!!  It's getting driven back to Texas by a driver so we packed it with all the stuff I somehow collected over the course of my CA time!
Back to TEXAS!!!  I can't wait to be home.  My amazing sister is amazing.  She came all the way out to CA to pack and pack and pack my stuff.  It's a small miracle we got all I needed back in suitcases or in that van.  She worked her tail off and is always here for me.  I love her so so so very much.  We got to squeeze in one more trip to Vibe before we left!!


When I got off the plane and headed to the baggage claim an entire group of my friends were waiting at the bottom of the escalator cheering me on.  I can't even describe what that meant to me.  They were all wearing matching shirts that said "Mandy's Tribe".  It was amazing and encouraged me so much.  HOME!








Meanwhile my crew at home was decorating the house for my arrival.  So so sweet.  It was late by the time we got there but they were at the driveway ready to greet me.  I loved every second of getting to come home.  It was the BEST and I needed it!








This was right before I came home but it might be one of my favorites.....

No comments: