Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Weston Charles Cross



He is finally here! After 15 1/2 hours of labor, Weston finally made his grand entrace into this world. They decided to induce me last Monday. We had to be at the hospital at 7:00am. After getting all checked in and wired up, they started me on Pitocin at 9:00am which bring contractions to induce labor. My doctor came in around 10:30 and broke my water to make little Weston come even quicker. Everything went really well....I was doing everything we learned in our class...breathing...trying to stand up for the contractions. I was definitely getting tired though. I thought I had to be pretty far progressed....they came in to check me after lunch and I was only dilated to a 4! That was pretty discouraging. I thought for sure I was a lot farther than that. But I still wanted to wait on the epidural because I didn't want to be stuck in bed. The nurses kept asking me if I wanted it. Finally the pain started getting more and more intense. At this point, I was squeezing Logan's hand as hard as I could and breathing deep to get through each contractions. They were about 2 minutes apart....not much resting in between! Finally I thought an epidural was going to be a must. Crazy as this sounds, I actually had to wait in line for the epidural! They had like 14 babies born that day....so their were like 3 people in line in front of me for the epidural. Long story short...I finally got to get the epidural around 3:00pm. I was in some serious pain by that time. As soon as I got it things were MUCH better. However, after an hour or so, I started feeling pain again. I sorta dismissed it at first but then it got worse. Finally they called the anesthesiologist back and and he redosed my epidural. I had what was called a "hot spot"....it's a spot where the epidural doesn't work! So I laid on my left side to try to get the medicine to get to that spot. It didn't work. Finally I was hurting so bad that they decided to give me the good stuff in my I.V. It took care of it and knocked me out for about 45 minutes. But, it wore off after an hour or so. I was really feeling them again and now more intense than ever before. Now, I not only had Logan's hand in one hand...but my mom's in the other. It was about early evening at this point and I was only to a 6 or so. So, they called the anesthesiologist back in for the third time and he once again redosed me. Finally it worked!! All I could feel at this point
was a lot of pressure. Once I was dilated to an 8, I went to a 10 in about 30 minutes. Now it was time to push. Honestly this was my favorite part. I know that sounds crazy....but it was like...finally i'm about to see my little boy...there is an end in sight! I only had to push about 20 minutes or so and there he came. It was the most amazing moment of my entire life...seeing him and hearing him cry for the first time. I cried and just couldn't believe how perfect he was. Logan was there right by my side through the entire thing....he was amazing and I couldn't have done it without him. So Weston Charles Cross came into this world at 12:23am on March 11th. He weighed 7 lbs and 13 oz and was 20 3/4" long. He was perfect in every way!








Both sets of grandparents and our sisters and their kids were there to meet Weston. It was a special time for us to have all of our family there. We got to bring him home on Wednesday. It was awesome to bring him into our home for the first time.



It's so amazing to see Logan with him. He is a great daddy already. As soon as he leaves for work I want him home already. I love seeing him holding him and talking to him. I love being a mom already. I feel like I could just sit and stare and him all day long. Every single thing he does I want to take a picture of it. My mom has been here with us since we got home from the hospital...but she left this morning. Logan's parent's are coming this weekend for Easter...so that will be fun to have them here.



I just had no idea that it would be this amazing. It blows my mind how you can love someone so much so soon. He is perfect. The Lord has really blessed us with the special gift. I don't understand how someone could believe that God didn't exist when you see the miracle of birth. It's so amazing to think that he was growing inside of me....and now I'm holding him in my arms. It's truly a miracle and Logan and I are so thankful for this little boy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is BEAUTIFUL!!! How can people not belive in a God when there are miracles like little babies!

Unknown said...

Love, love, love the blog! I had so much fun reading about his birth and all of the pictures are awesome! We love you guys and are so happy for you!! Keep the pictures coming!
Love, Rachel Wag : )

Taylor Sandlin said...

He is beautiful! Congratulations!!! Don't you love epidurals???? I am very happy for you and hope things continue to go smoothly.

Alyson Sandlin said...

Oops! I meant to publish it under my name, not Taylor's. Sorry!
Alyson

Bryan & Sarah said...

Oh my goodness is just perfect!! oh Mando you are going to be an amazing mother. I cant wait to see the whole family together. I love you and miss you.