Monday, November 17, 2008

My Personal Trainer and my 1/2 Marathon



So I ran yesterday in the Rock-n-Roll 1/2 marathon here in San Antonio. It was SO fun. I know that sounds nuts to most of you but I just really love running and doing a race is a lot of fun to me. It actually was the biggest marathon in Texas....30,000 runners! There were people everywhere!!! It started at 7:30 so it was nice and cold....which is great to run in. I actually ran it faster than I ever have.....1:48. That's 1 hour and 48 minutes to do 13.1 miles. I felt really good through most of the race and so I pushed myself pretty hard at the end. My goal was to do it under 1:50 so I was really excited. I found out today that our Governor, Rick Perry, beat me by 1 minute!! My 2 boys were there cheering me on. It was the best to see them....actually even though this sounds really corny...it almost brought tears to my eyes to see them on the sideline. They got to see me at mile 2, 8, and then at the finish line. Logan put Weston in the Baby Bjorn and they were both all bundled up. Logan wore a bright orange toboggan so I could spot him easily. It worked! It meant SO much to me to have them there. I painted Weston a shirt to wear....it said "Mom's Personal Trainer". This is pretty true because I really think pushing him around the neighborhood in the jogging stroller really helped me run faster! So it was a fun day. We celebrated last night by going over to some friends house for dinner. One of our friends had run in it too so they made dinner for all of us. It was so sweet of them to do that....they spoiled me!


This is a quick video that Logan took of me at mile 2 while I saw them. I was handing my gloves to him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so cute- your personal trainer!!!