Thursday, October 6, 2011

Rock Boy

So the day after finding out we're having 3 boys, I get called into our church nursery to find out that Weston has stuck a rock up his nose on the playground. I went in to see him and he was surrounded by several ladies who were all trying to get it out. We tried getting him to blow his nose, sneeze (we gave him pepper), but nothing was working. So I ran over to Walgreens and bought a sinus rinse bottle with saline and tried to wash it out. That didn't work at all and made him really mad. So I decided to take him to the minor emergency clinic. We got there and they said they would try to remove it but they weren't sure they could get it out. After waiting forever, they finally came in and the doctor tried to get it out. I could tell they didn't work with kids very much and needless to say they didn't even come close. I was pretty frustrated and upset by this time (as was Weston). They thankfully refunded our money and referred us to the Sinus center in town. We went over there and waited again forever. Which side note, I must add that my child did awesome waiting all afternoon in doctor's offices. I was really proud of how he acted considering the circumstances. Anyways, they finally got us in and sprayed some stuff up his nose to numb it. Then with 5 of us (he is really strong) holding him down (not fun at all), they extracted the rock out of his nose. And yes, I will say rock and not pebble. He must have shoved it pretty hard to get it up there that far. So 3 hours later we were on our way home. Thankfully, the church workers and my sweet friend Linda kept Caleb while we were dealing with the rock. I can't even imagine what that 3 hours would have looked like with both boys in tow. So after all of that I just had to laugh (and cry) about just finding out that we're going to have 3 boys the day before! Is that the Lord having a sense of humor???
You can tell he was really bothered by the whole thing. We had to be creative to stay entertained that whole time. He was fine until they were holding him down.....he of course hated that!

No comments: