Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Grams & Pops....Tree House & the Zoo!

 
My parents came in town last Thursday for a few days.  The boys had a BLAST with them....and I really can honestly say that.  They love being with their Grams & Pops!
The biggest excitment during their visit was the tree house.  Weston has been asking for one for awhile and we have sorta been putting it off.  Well it's put off no longer!  Logan brought home some extra lumber off a job and they started it with Pops on Thursday night.  They both had a blast "helping" and being out there.  This picture looks rather terrifying.....don't worry the saw was unplugged at the time.
Yes, even mom got to try it out.  And that's when I decided it must have some walls.  I can't imagine my 2 and 4 year old up there without me unless it had something around them.
So on Saturday the walls were put up.  They LOVE it and have played up there a lot. 
Their dad added them a little pulley system with a bucket attached to one end.  They put stuff in the bucket and bring it up and down from the tree house.  The best is when mom puts their lunch in there and they get to eat lunch up there all by themselves!
Pops, Dad and the boys after it was completed!  They all (yes, even Pops) ate fruit snacks up there together....this was a big treat!  Is it the safest tree house?  Um no....yesterday we had several falls that weren't so great.  The next project is to improve the safety of it just a little :)
On Friday while Logan was at work my parents and I took the boys to the zoo.  We hadn't been there since Tyson was born because that is NOT a place I can do by myself with all 3 boys!  But with mom and dad helping it was great!
Chantel and her kids met us there too.  So all the boys had a great time!
Sweet Micah was just content to ride along in the stroller :)
I always have to get a picture of the kangaroo.....it just feels wrong not to!
My cutie pie :)
And of course we didn't dare skip the train!  That's what they talked about the entire time we were in the zoo!
Thanks mom and dad for coming down for a few days!  We love you both!

No comments: