Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Only in our life.....

Well there are a few stories to share from the last week or so.  First here's some cute pictures.....

 Fun at the splash pad.....a dump truck seems to go with us wherever we go!




 We went down to our apartment pool one night and I decided to just carry Lucy in my bag :)  She fit great!  She didn't seem to mind it!
 



 my dorky husband....signing his name on the concrete with the boys water gun toy

 Field day at Weston's school last Friday

 I think he was more excited about Lucy being there then he was about field day....silly boy!

 His brothers got to come and play too :)




 We got a quick Mamaw visit in one day.....and gave Papaw a haircut.
 love those squishy cheeks!!!
 I'm sure our future little Aggie if her dad has anything to do with it:)
 

Story #1...We went out to the house this past Saturday to do a few things.  It turned into quite the morning.  We were about ready to go and me and all the kids were downstairs in the kitchen.  Logan went upstairs to do something and we were just waiting on him.  All of a sudden I heard a very loud sound and saw his foot and leg come crashing through the ceiling of the kitchen.  Not good.  He started screaming and we all ran upstairs.  He kept screaming in pain and I was sure that he had broke his leg.  Basically he was walking from one part of the attic and missed his step and straddled a joist....ouch.  He came VERY close to hitting his man parts and thankfully hit right where his leg connects.  He had a very nasty bruise and some swelling.  The boys were a bit traumatized from seeing their dad's legs come through the ceiling. ....well Tyson was.  Caleb hasn't stopped talking about it :)  What a morning.   

We had a date that night to celebrate his birthday (June 1st).  We were going to go play putt-putt but seeing as how he could barely walk we decided against that.  We went to his/my favorite...Carrabbas for dinner.  It was SO yummy!  Lucy still is refusing the bottle so she got to come celebrate her daddy too. 

 On Sunday we celebrated with the boys and then with my parents.  
 Have you ever iced a cake without letting it cool down first???  Well DON'T!!!  I honestly don't even know what I was thinking and really I don't think I was thinking.  I don't seem to have much of a brain lately.  I started icing the cake with icing made with whipping cream....hello?!?  So needless to say it was a HUGE mess.  It just kept oozing and oozing.  I finally managed to position a bowl in the fridge where it would drip into it.  It finally cooled down enough to quit.  Wow.  I'll never make that mistake again.  And the crazy thing is that I wasn't in a hurry or trying to rush it along I just didn't THINK!!!
But it was still VERY yummy and extra moist :) 

some others thought so too.... 

Now for story #2.....after we finished cake we were sitting out around the pool and Tyson had managed to get soaked so he took all his clothes off.  Then he wanted to go ride the green car so we all headed out to the driveway to be closer to him.  The next thing we knew we were trying to find him.  Sure enough he had driven out the back gate and gone all through the pasture to my Mamaw's house and driven all the way down her driveway, over the cattleguard, and on the MAIN road!!!  And he did all of this NAKED!  Oh my.  We finally spotted him and Logan flew on the golf cart to get him and to stop the car that was coming.  Scary but sorta funny all at the same time.   
Story #3....They were pouring our driveway on Monday so after swim lessons I took all the kids by myself out to the house to do their handprints.  We got there and the concrete guy said we were a little early and needed to wait a little while.  So I took them all in the house.  The electricians were there so I was talking to them when we walked in.  The next thing I knew one of the masons was standing at the backdoor holding Tyson who was COVERED in concrete.  Yes, he had gone out the backdoor and stepped off the backporch right into the wet concrete and basically face planted.  Oh my.  I didn't even know what to do.  He was covered head to toe.  I was standing there holding Lucy and there was no where to sit her down so I just handed her to the electricians and took Tyson next door to the neighbors and hosed him down.  I stripped off his clothes and did the best that I could.  So finally I got him cleaned up enough and came back to the house and got Lucy.  Then we had to wait around for the concrete to set up enough.  Finally we got to do the prints and managed to get it done.  What a day. 


And the worst part of the story is that we went out to the house last night to see the driveway and by accident they smoothed over all their prints :(  I was so sad/mad.  So we're going to try to redo it maybe somehow but I assure you I WILL have help this time. 
Weston had his last day of Kindergarten yesterday and so we made a special treat for his class.  He helped me make them all.....and pinterest helped us too :)


Logan had to work late one night so we loaded up and went back to the splash pad.  It's the best place for these kids :)



Our big Kindergarten graduate!!!  I can't believe he's already done with his school year!  He has grown and changed so much.  I am so proud of him.  We had his little awards program yesterday in his classroom.   
His teacher was amazing and I think so much of her.  She loves her kids well and does an awesome job of teaching them!   
The class had a platter made for her with all the kids in her class on it.  It was SO cute!!! 
Weston and Emma 
Grams got to come too! 
We love our soon-to-be big 1st grader!!! 
And to end this post here's Lucy wondering how she was born into such a crazy family!!!! 

No comments: