Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Snowcones, Mel's Bday, Rodeo, Father's Day, VBS week, Swimming, Mimi & Pawpaw

Well it's been awhile since I posted.  There has been much going on....I'm guessing this is always going to be the case so maybe I'll just not give excuses.  Here's some of the last few weeks.....
In the apartment we lived like less than a mile from several snow cone stands.....so we had to take advantage :)


And then there's Caleb.....who even knows how you can even do that!

We celebrated Melody's birthday and all met at Chuy's for dinner one night.  It was fun of course!





And we celebrated Father's Day with lots of swimming.  These boys adore their daddy and I'm so thankful.  He is amazing with them and even with a very crazy season in our lives he still carves out time to be with them.  I did a little questionnaire with the older 2 about what their dad likes and what they like to do with their dad.  It was really cute.  But one thing I know for sure these boys favorite thing is to be with their dad and wrestle with him!!



We got free tickets to the rodeo and took the boys one night with the Grays.  It was fun and not even hot!  
me and Cassy
We were down 2 (thanks to Grams and Pops) and it made the evening a lot more enjoyable :)
The boys got to be in the calf chase....actually I think it was a baby goat chase for their age group.  Weston took off sprinting but he didn't quite catch it.

I finally took the plunge and checked Lucy into the nursery at church :(  She is just too happy...therefore too noisy for service :)  Mrs. Sherri took good care of her and actually I think she took care of me when I was in the nursery!  Crazy!
Bedtime stories with dad
The girls came over and stayed at Grams and Pops for the week of VBS.  It was a really good week but a bit tiring.  I taught kindergarten and wow they are active!  I'm used to teaching high schoolers and that is a lot different.  I had a great time though.  After VBS each day there was tons of  swimming at Grams and Pops's house.





Tyson's best buddy.....they even share drinks.....thats love.
My big girl :)

Weston cooking his favorite....mac n cheese.




Well the original plan was to move that Saturday after Father's day but of course in construction world things don't always happen as planned.  Several things got delayed so we ended up not moving till that next week.  Logan's parents had already planned on coming down so they went ahead and came.  We of course didn't want to hang out at the apartment so we spent the day at my parents house.  It was really relaxing and great to be with them.  Lucy loved getting to be with her Mimi.

She got her first ride in the green car....ok not really....she just sat in the seat for a few secs.  She's not quite ready for her big brother's driving!!
Tessa wasn't feeling very well so she got to come too.  She had a photo shoot :)
Burgers at Kincaids!







And here's the best part of this story....Mimi and Pawpaw and Tessa all stayed with us in the apartment!  Yes, that's right 8 people and a dog :)  All I can say is that it worked!

No comments: