Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Pregnancy Care Center

Last Thursday and Friday I went to a training at the Pregnancy Care Center in San Antonio. I found out about them from our church. I've been wanting to serve somewhere now that I'm staying home. I loved it! It's a place that women can come to get a free pregnancy test. The test draws them in and then they are also able to develop relationships with these women and hopefully share the Lord with them. Their goal is to help these women make good choices and hopefully decide to keep their babies. It's an incredible place that ministers to tons of women that are facing hard times. I'm hoping to start counseling there sometime soon. I will first shadow some of the other counselors before I do it on my own. I was shocked to learn about how many abortions are done each year and how it's being thought of as a form of birth control now. I've always been against abortion but I know my perspective has changed even more being a mom now. I can't imagine harming something so precious! I am praying for the Lord to use me and definitely for Him to give me the words to minister to these women.

No comments: