Saturday, February 28, 2009

Zoo, Playgroups, and Big Boy Carseat

I've been wanting to go to the zoo forever....I think even since before I was pregnant. Well we finally had it planned to go yesterday. We woke up Saturday morning and it was cold and the wind was blowing 100mph....ok..not really but it was really windy. Well we braved the weather and decided to go ahead and go. They were showing our house anyway so we had to get out. It was great! The zoo was lots of fun. Weston loved all the animals....I think he liked the fish the best because he got to stand right against the glass and stare at them. They have a petting zoo part so he got to pet a goat with his dad. We only stayed a few hours but we had a great time. But I must say they didn't have any GIRAFFE! That's my favorite animal so I have to admit I was a little disappointed. But that's okay...maybe next time. Maybe it was too windy for his long neck :)



We are in another playgroup now with some girls from Boerne. We took a picture at our first play date. Why is my son always the one eating and with his tummy hanging out of his shirt???

The high school that I taught at in Boerne called and needed someone to tutor some students for the upcoming TAKS test. Catherine and I decided to do it and take turns tutoring and babysitting. So he is getting a lot of time to play with his buddy Braden. It's giving me a glimpse of what having 2 kids will be like....but thankfully they won't be 4 months apart like these two! That would be a lot of work!

We broke the rules by about 2 weeks because we got his new big boy carseat and we went ahead and let him face the front in the car. He loves it. The backseat of my car sits up quite a bit anyway so it basically seems like he is sitting on a throne when he is in my car. He's pretty cute to watch in it. He loves to cross his little feet in it :)

No walking yet....but he is just so cute when he stands up on his tip toes to see out the windows. I love watching him.

He is still eating me out of house and home. This is him eating dinner and just making an absolute mess of himself and loving every minute! It's the cutest. He loves to just stop in the middle of eating and just grin at you. He's quite the ham these days.