Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Oil Spill

So just think for a minute....what's the worst possible thing you could spill in the kitchen??? Well just in case your not sure it's OIL! Every once in awhile we get out the fry daddy because we both love fried okra. I grew up eating it from my grandma's garden and I introduced it to Logan and he loves it too. Well we made it Sunday night and I was putting up the fry daddy (full of oil) yesterday morning. I keep it on a shelf in one of my lower cabinets. Well I was in the middle of making a lasagna for a friend that just had a baby when I realized that the fry daddy had fallen off of the shelf and was spilling ALL over my floor. NOT FUN! I quickly grabbed Weston and put him in the high chair while sliding through the oil in my bare feet. I really didn't even know how to start cleaning it up. I grabbed a few paper towels but knew that wasn't going to get me too far. So I went for the kitchen dish cloth and just kept trying to soak up what I could of the oil and rinising it out. It took a long time but I finally got most of it up....then I made the dish cloth soapy and kept doing it over and over. I've mopped several times and I think it's finally just about clean and not slimy. So that was my oil spill. I have to admit I was glad we are living in a rent house with vinyl floors and also glad my little munchkin didn't get in the middle of it before I grabbed him. Oh, to think of how different things could have been!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

MOTHER OF THE YEAR!!!!