Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Airplane and Kansas

We went to Kansas for a few days last week to visit. I flew up by myself on Tuesday with both boys. To be honest it was terrible. I'll never do it again. Weston did fine but Caleb can't sit still. He was all over the place. The worst part was that we had to connect in Dallas and ride the tram around the entire airport. We only had 45 minutes in between our flights and almost missed our connecting flight. We were the last ones to board so the boys didn't get to run around in between and expend some energy. So needless to say the second flight was terrible. Caleb screamed and I cried. I was SO glad to get there. I will never do that again....or at least not for a really long time. Logan flew up on Thursday night after work and so he was with us on the way home and it was much better. Don't let that sweet face in the picture fool you :)
Despite the flight, we had a great time in Kansas. Pawpaw took Weston fishing on Tuesday afternoon when we got there. Weston didn't last too long because they weren't catching anything. He got bored pretty quick. But they lasted long enough for me to get some pictures. Caleb had fun in the rocks :)
A cold front hit the night we got there and it got really cold!!! We had to make do on bundling the boys because I did not bring proper Kansas attire. It's been 80's here and I sure wasn't expecting it to be that cold. They had a blast riding around in the jeep.
Caleb is shopping with Mimi at Sam's. I'm not sure we could afford him :)
We got to see all Judy's side of the family one night for dinner. The boys had fun seeing everyone too. Here's a picture of all the kids....
Saturday, we took them to a pumpkin patch just outside of Wichita. It was a lot of fun and perfect for their ages. There was tons to do....definitely the best one I've been to for their ages.
Weston loved the digger in the sandbox of course!
The slide was a favorite...somehow the pregnant one couldn't go straight down the slide....go figure...I'm all turned and about to fall over with Caleb :( I'm sure that looked really cute.

We even got to find our way through the corn maze!
We got to feed some goats and see a bunny.
Weston got to ride the zip line. They had to lift him up for him to grab the bar because he was so much shorter than all the other bigger kids. He did great and held on the entire time!

The barrell train behind the lawnmower is always a fun time too. Caleb actually rode it all by himself and stayed sitting down the entire time. I thought that was a pretty good accomplishment!
A sandbox filled with corn! I thought it was an awesome idea until Logan informed me that if we did that hear the deer would rip off our sandbox cover to get to the corn and eat it!
I love this picture of my Caleb in his big sweatshirt holding his puppy.
Getting tackled with dad....big fun!
Mimi and I found this at a garage sale for $30! Once they got a battery for it and got it working, we couldn't get Weston off of it! He loved it!

The ride home was much better :) Weston found a new way to travel through the airport! Thanks Mimi and Pawpaw for flying us up to visit! We love you and will see you at Christmas....but no flying next time :)

No comments: