Monday, November 28, 2011

Turkey Trot and Thanksgiving

We headed up to Weatherford for Thanksgiving this year. A few weeks ago, Rick (my 2nd dad), asked me to run in the turkey trot 10K with him. I agreed and then as the days went by I started really having my doubts. I've been running but on the treadmill most of the time and not 6 miles. The most I had been doing was about 4 or 4 1/2 miles. I got more and more nervous as the day came closer. He of course promised to go slow and even walk if I needed to.....he just wanted to do it with me. So we headed over to Fort Worth on Thanksgiving morning and did the run. It actually felt really good....lots better than any of my running on the treadmill. I'm sure it helped to have him to talk to and also so many people and things to look at besides the wall on the opposite of the room (when I'm on the treadmill). We ran pretty slow but never walked and we finished just over an hour. I'm not too ashamed at that for being 6 months pregnant!!!! Thanks Ricky for taking it easy and getting me to run a race....that'll definitely be something to tell this little boy when he gets here.

Thanksgiving was great! We had all my dad's side of the family over at my mom's house. It was really fun just to be with everyone. The food was great of course but even better was just to see all my cousins, aunts & uncle, and grandma. We played games after we ate which was a lot of fun too.
I think Aunt Mel bonded with Caleb over the weekend. They had fun being together. And all the kids had a blast! They were so hyper.....Weston and Caleb LOVE being with those girls. They are so busy and always doing something with them.
My dad gets the award.....he played with all of the kids constantly. Here he is writing with sidewalk chalk on their driveway. He took them on the golf cart, blue tractor, and down to see the train. They sure love their Pops!!!

The cold front came in on Saturday morning and so we had to get creative because as you know you cannot have 4 kids inside all day!!! So Pops has keys to the church gym and we went up there and played. We had a blast. We even got a game of kickball going with the kids. We had bases (which Caleb was always stealing) and taught them how to run the bases. It was really fun.
I am so thankful for my family. We had a great weekend being with everyone.

No comments: