Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Tyson's Birth!

Sorry this has taken me awhile to get posted. I wanted to make sure I got it all in here before I started forgetting things. The night before I was induced we had some ice cream to celebrate baby Tyson's birthday. The boys were excited about the ice cream and we had a great last night as a family of 4.

This is my large belly the night before he was born and the next morning at the hospital. I couldn't imagine it getting any bigger than it was.

Here's the story.....We got checked in at 6am and got to my room. We did a lot of waiting for the first 2 hours. They got me hooked up to an IV but couldn't start the actual pitocin and stuff until my doctor came in and saw me. She was on call the night before so it was 8am before she came in and gave the orders. So I started pitocin at 8am and I was dilated to a 3 and 75% effaced. I was definitely having my own contractions before that....I could see them on the monitor but they just were often enough or strong enough yet. At 10am I was dilated to a 4 1/2 and feeling good. They kept asking me if I wanted the epidural but honestly I felt fine. I could feel the contractions but since my water wasn't broken yet it wasn't bad. My cheering section all came up and I got to see my boys. It was fun to see them and there reaction to my bed (lots of fun buttons to push) and all my iv's. They mainly enjoyed playing on the ipad :) My parents and sister were great to take care of them and be so patient with them in the waiting room.
A little after 1 my doctor came back to check on me and broke my water. I decided to wait on this before I got my epidural. Wow what a difference your water can make. It was like night and day difference after that. Intense contractions coming VERY quickly after that. I lasted about 45 minutes and then the anestheologist came in and did my epidural. I felt so much better after that and knew I was going to get to see Tyson really soon. After that it went very quickly! I was dilated to a 6 at 2:30 and then to a 10 by 3:20. It was a great epidural because I could still feel a lot and was able to feel to be able to push. My doctor came back really quick and I pushed for about 5 minutes and then got to meet my Tyson!!! He was so cute and chubby and he had so much dark hair!!! They put us skin to skin and I just got to marvel at him.....what an amazing miracle!
He weighed 8lbs and 9oz and was 20 1/2 inches long. He was perfect in everyway! He was really alert and I was able to nurse soon after for the first time.


My boys came up soon after and got to meet their little brother....that's when I was emotional...just getting all my family together. I love my boys so much and it was overwhelming to have 3 healthy boys and an amazing husband all right there with me. I couldn't ask for more.
My sister had c-sections so I let her stay in the delivery room. She loved it and I'm so glad I let her be in there.
Grams and Pops holding their 5th grandchild :)

Caleb giving his "puppy" to Tyson....which is a huge deal!
My Caleb needing some momma cuddle time....loved that.
Later that night we skyped with Logan's parents. They got to see him and Mimi acted like she was holding him through the ipad. They are coming in town today adn will be here for a week to get to spend time with him.

First dirty diaper....way to go Dad!
Sleepy dad.....
My sweet friends that made it up to the hospital.....Aunt B, Dena, Katy, Linda, and Chantel.
The boys each picked something out for Tyson in the store. Weston gave him a car/truck blanket and Caleb gave him a stuffed frog.
My niece, Kayden, got to be there too. She was so cute and taking pictures with her little camera that she brought.

Proud Pops....another grandson to ride on the tractor with him! And proud Grams another baby for her to squeeze and love on.
So peaceful.....he was wrapped up like a little worm.
Cuddle time with Momma....he would fall asleep instantly when he was close to me....love this!
We got to go home early Friday.....this is his going home outfit.


Welcome Home Tyson! Hope you are ready for 2 big brothers!


Family picture.....
Tyson got to check out his room....he looks SO tiny in that crib.
This has become his place to sleep.....wrapped up like a worm and in his chair with his blanket all around him.....looks pretty cozy!
Amazing experience and last few days. I am beyond thankful for what the Lord has given us and doing in our little family!

No comments: