Monday, July 16, 2012

Caleb's Fall

Well we had an eventful Sunday morning.....I had just made chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast and we were about to sit down to eat and Caleb somehow fell off his bar stool onto the floor.  Logan saw it happen and said he was looking behind him and somehow got twisted and fell head first on the tile.  When I got around to him on the floor he was limp and it took him a long time to catch his breath.  He was really sleepy and it just scared me to death.  I know it's better for them to hit on the front or back of their heads and this was on the side.  We decided to go ahead and take him into the ER to be sure everything was ok.  We went to the Boerne ER and he was still pretty out of it while we were getting checked in and stuff.  But after about 15 minutes or so he finally started acting more like himself.  They checked him over and everything looked fine.  The red marks started coming up and it seemed like he hit on his face more than his head.  They don't do a CT scan unless there is definite signs of a skull fracture or injury because of all the radiation that he would be exposed to from it.  He was really brave and did great for the doctors.  They of course loved him to pieces and wanted him to stay with them :)  I told the nurses I might know them by name by the time all of my boys are grown since I have 3 of them!!! I am so thankful he is ok and the Lord took care of him!   What a day....never a dull moment around here!
 

No comments: