Monday, April 8, 2013

Easter and Mimi's Birthday in Kansas

We headed north weekend before last for Easter and to celebrate Mimi's birthday.  We had to take Logan's truck so we could carry a grill back that we had gotten at Christmas.  So it was tight quarters for everyone :)  The drive was a little rough but we somehow managed and made it.  Look at this kid's HUGE head!!!  It looks so heavy while he was sleeping....poor thing.  I sure hope there are a lot of brains up there!
Finally all 3 of them slept at some point of the trip.  I could watch their little faces sleeping all day. 
McDonald's ice cream is how we survived the last hour of the trip :)
And when we got there it was boys boys and more boys!!!
Oh and there was 2 sweet little girls that came over for Easter lunch....Kinley and Hollis.
Happy Birthday Mimi!!!
Time for some Easter egg hunting!!!
Poor Tyson missed out on the egg hunting....he was taking his crazy long Kansas naps.  He sleeps in a closet in the basement and it's really cold and dark.  He sleeps SO long there!!!  It's awesome!  So he still got his Easter basket and he was happy as can be.  I think his cousin Nate was more interested in the goldfish :)
Yes, that's Mimi on the scooter at age 56. 
Love love love this picture :)
Cheeseball
He looks like a teenager eating his breakfast.  He is getting so old and big. 
And this is quite fitting for our family pictures.....it's Easter Sunday before we headed to church.  Who knows why he was crying....  We got to go to Mal and Jason's church.  It was great and just great to celebrate Christ.  His death for me has hit me differently this year than most.  It has been all around me....my bible study, Bible movie on TV, reading through the Bible, and several sermons I've listened to.  I hope and pray I never get over the Cross and the price He paid for me will continue to impact my heart.  Now my biggest prayer is that my boys will start to grasp what He did for them.  Happy Easter!

No comments: