Monday, April 8, 2013

Round Top with Melody

Melody asked me to go down to Round Top with her and some of her friends.  Misty and I had met her down there back when I was pregnant with Tyson so I've been once before.  It's basically a HUGE flea market with all kinds of unique finds that goes on in these fields for 2 weeks.  I was excited to be with Melody and liked the stuff down there and needed a break so I decided to go.  We went on Thursday and got there in time for this thing they call "Junk Gypsy Prom."  It was quite a sight to see.  I never thought I'd go to another prom :)  Well this was a little different.....there were all kinds there and it was definitely a great place for people watching.  It was FREEZING cold and we were wearing what you see below in the pictures.  It was fun though and fun to get to know some of her friends.  We shopped all day on Friday and of course I found several fun things to get.  Logan was working sorta close so he came and got me Friday night.  By that time I had NO voice.  I was only whispering and that is still the case today.  I think that cold air had an effect on me :)  Oh well it was fun and I'm glad I went!  But I will say the best part of the trip was watching my sister.  This is her place.  She was definitely in her element and loving every minute of it.  She's amazing at seeing not so cute pieces of decor and then knowing immediately where to put it in her house and how to make it look amazing!  It's a gift and I sadly do NOT have it.  She is so over the top friendly and loud too.  It was funny to watch her get to know just about every vendor that we bought from and making conversation with them.  She reminds me a lot of our dad.  She knew exactly where to shop and what our plan was all the time.  Being in charge is not a new thing for her :)  but she knows this place inside and out.  Everyone was eager for her advice on their purchases.  Anyways....it's been awhile since I've been somewhere like that with her and it was just fun to see her loving that place so much. 

 

No comments: