Friday, May 16, 2014

Moving Time!!!!

Weston had a field trip to Casa Manana so me and Lucy went along.  They saw Peter Pan and since he goes to Mary Martin elementary, his school got a shout out at the performance since they are named after the actor Mary Martin that played Peter Pan!  We had fun at the show and then went to the park for lunch.  Lucy got a lot of attention and a lot of hands all over her....I was a bit nervous...I just hadn't thought about that happening with Kindergarteners all around!
Lucy turned 2 months on the 25th.  She is doing amazing!  She's sleeping through the night for a couple of weeks now and honestly a very easy baby.  She's happy and laid back but I guess she has to be with all the chaos going on :)  She went to the dr and weighed in at 13lbs and 5 oz.  So she's gained 2 lbs and in a month!  She got shots which were NO fun.  
We had to go get Weston from school right after her appointment and she was still screaming from her shots.  I thought she'd fall asleep but she didn't so I fed her in the car.  While I was feeding her she had a serious explosion and messed her clothes and my clothes up.  And of course her WAY prepared mom didn't even have a change of clothes for her so she got to ride home in her diaper with her cute little bandaids showing on her thighs :)  She's SO beautiful.....clothes and bow or not.....I just love her to pieces!!!!
Here's the moving update.....our house is supposed to be finished early June.  The landlords of the house we were renting since we moved to Weatherford decided they wanted to sell it.  We knew that but they quickly decided they wanted to sell now.  So they made us move out at the end of April.  It was hard news because we really just needed one more month.  They were unwilling to let us stay so we had to make other arrangements quickly.  And well....we are a lot.  The state of Texas only allows you to have 2 people per bedroom in an apartment.....so we had to have a 3 bedroom.  We looked at several but the only one we could find close wasn't going to be ready when we needed.  SO we got to move twice....or actually by the time we move into the new house 3 times!!!  I've definitely had some moments (especially in the beginning) of having a not nice attitude about it all but honestly I'm learning a lot through all of this.  It's funny....things that you just think you'll never get through or be able to handle YOU do!!!  The Lord never gives us what we can't handle.  In Boerne two of my friends are facing their everyday with the impossible....one with a VERY sick husband and three little boys and the other one lost her husband instantly and has two small kids.  They lean on the Lord and trust Him to see them through.  So when my eyes are opened this really isn't THAT big of a deal!  So the packing began.....
We moved almost everything to storage.  And I will say we have a lot of stuff but this made me go through a bunch of stuff and GIVE it all away!  It felt SO SO SO good.  I got rid of all my baby boy clothes and even baby girl clothes that she's already out of and lots of other stuff.  I actually filled an entire trailer with stuff to give away.  It was a great feeling and I want to keep doing that!  I had lots of great little helpers along the way :)
I took this picture when I was sitting on the couch nursing Lucy.  I just love this picture....they are all just big boys eating their breakfast.  Tyson on his knees and the others two around him.  I don't know why but I just love this picture.  
This is Weston's new friend.  He caught it in my parent's pool.  He has had more fun with this frog.  
Caleb and Weston had their end of the year Wednesday night KidsNight performance.  Standing to the right of Caleb is his special friend....Jacey.  We pray for Jacey every night :)

this face :)
Storage building.....yes, wow.  
We had already put all the chairs and barstools in storage so our last breakfast we got to sit on the floor :)  
Tyson got his breakfast and went outside in the garage and sat on a box.  I didn't prompt him to do it or anything....pretty funny.
Lucy just sat in her little chair wondering what in the world was going on around her.  Tyson shared his "night night" (gross and dirty burp cloth he sleep with).  That must be a pretty special sister for him to share that!
We were over at Mamaw and Papaw's after we got moved into my parents and he decided to go share his snack with Papaw.

Lots of picnics when we were at Grams house.


Pops was out of chocolate chip cookies and that just isn't allowed so me and Lucy whipped up some one afternoon.

These crazies decided to go swimming at 10 in the morning!!!  
love this pic :)
only one out of the 3 was naked....I'd say that was good :)
first time in the jogger for Caleb's soccer game :)
Melody and Greg were out of town for the weekend so the girls came and stayed at my parents too.  Why not??  There's plenty of room :)  They all went swimming together :)  The girls didn't bring swimsuits so they wore the boys extra ones and their t-shirts :)
And of course Tricks, the frog, had to swim too (he's on the top step).  I'm not sure how that frog survived the whole day with them messing with him but he did.
We did dinner and then celebrated Kiersi's 8th birthday together.  I made her a chocolate chip cookie cake....yes, nothing like my sister but oh well.  I am not talented like her....I just make cookies :)


\
Kayden and Lucy have a special bond...she loves holding her!
While we've been living at my parents we've seen LOTS of trains!!!
My mom has been an awesome help!!!  She of course loves her time with Lucy.  She gave her a bath almost every night.  I loved that they got to be together so much.

One day I got to go get Weston by myself.  We had a quick date at McDonalds.  It was really good to just get to spend time one-on-one with him.  I'm realizing he needs this.

We went on a walk....Caleb rode his bike and the younger two rode in the stroller.  I guess this is how it will work!


somebody loves their daddy
Caleb's last soccer game.....most of the season was pretty painful to watch because he just didn't get into it much but I will say the last few minutes of the season he did great!  So who knows.  He's a 4 year old is all I can say.
This is how Tyson slept at my parents....in the pack and play that is almost too small for him (feet hanging off end) in the extra bathroom.  But you know what?  It worked.
Weston had a baseball game the day we moved to the apartment.....he did amazing!  He got 4 hits and scored on all 4 hits.  He is really liking baseball.  
He got the game ball for doing so well that game!  He was super excited about it.
After baseball and soccer we came home to our new house....apartment #6108.  The boys were so excited about it which I love.  They don't know the difference and to them it's something different and exciting.  If only we'd see life through their eyes!!!  We didn't move our table because it wouldn't have fit so we borrowed my parents extra small table they use for parties with some folding chairs.  It works fine!  We didn't have it yet so they got to have yet another meal on the floor :)
We were so tired that first night.  When I packed I didn't think about needing shower curtains because we won't need them at the next house.  So I had to run to the store to get a shower liner for us to use.  Well silly me forgot shower hooks so we got creative and Logan used wire cutters and a hanger and fixed it up.
This is Lucy's Mother's day outfit.  She looked precious :)  We went to church and then came home and had grilled cheeses :)  Then went out to the new house after naps and out to McAlisters for dinner.  It was a good day with my family.
This is our family picture from Mother's Day.  They have a professional photographer that takes family pictures for Mother's Day.  Everyone gets a free one.  I said this was the one thing I wanted for Mother's Day.  I set my expectations low for the picture but honestly it's not bad!!!!
Fun at the apartment......Tyson now tackles his older brother :)
Tyson found a hiding place already

And some BIG news......we have a SHOE TIER!!!!  Wahoo!!!  He was so super excited and proud of himself!
My Aunt Kay was in town yesterday so we went out to my grandparents house so she could meet Lucy.



And now I think I'm finally caught up!!!!

No comments: