Monday, November 10, 2014

Fort Worth Half Marathon

First some cute pictures of Lucy from the last few days.....


Her first ride in the green car.....not sure I picked the right driver though :)

Logan and the older 2 boys went on a boy scout camp out Saturday night (more pics to come) and me and the younger 2 stayed at mom and dads because I ran in my half marathon yesterday morning.  My mom kept the younger 2 for me and my dad took me to my race!




My race was in Fort Worth....called the Fort Worth marathon.  It was almost entirely on the trinity trails.  It was a smaller race and sort of a boring course but really flat....so that was great!




Silly picture but it was an accomplish for me because it's hard to do much of anything for myself these days and I still love running.  I actually got my best time ever (or from what I can remember).  I ran the 1/2 in 1:47.  I guess chasing around 4 kids helped me get faster :)  It was faster than I thought I would do and so now I feel like it's given me the urge to want to do a full marathon.  Although that is just SO much time!!!  We'll see but it was a really fun morning.  I did miss seeing my little boys and big boy on the side lines cheering me on :)  

And thanks to my dad for coming and supporting me.  I think it was his first selfie :)

And after I finished we went and tried to see Ricky.  He was running the full and sure enough we saw him.  I got to run a 1/2 mile or so with him.  He was on mile 22 so he was nearing the end and I think he was VERY glad :)

Dr. Caleb :)

Fun on the slide....


And someone's already learning the stairs!!!!!


No comments: