Wednesday, September 28, 2016

My Aunt Kay

This past March my Aunt Kay had a seizure and eventually found out she had a brain tumor.  It was cancerous and basically the worst kind called glioblastoma.  She immediately started treatments but it just spread too quickly.  She passed away on September 6th.  She was the aunt I always felt close to as far as parenting because she has raised 3 boys.  We would swap stories and laugh about how crazy it is having a house full of boys.  Her funeral was actually on my birthday.  It was a hard and emotional day.  My Uncle Randy loved her dearly and it has just broken his heart to lose the love of his life.  It was so hard to see him hurting so bad.  But also it was amazing to hear of the legacy she leaves behind in her family.  Several got up to speak at her funeral and every one of them talked of how much she taught them about the Lord.  My cousin shared of how she would always read scripture around the breakfast table and teach her boys about the Lord.  Her grandkids told of how much she impacted their life.  She also fought the cancer bravely without worry of herself but only for others.  She was my mom's best friend and that has been really hard on my mom.  We lost my Mamaw only 3 months ago so this has been a lot.  But I am so grateful to have such Godly examples in my family.  My aunt Kay will be missed so very much!  I love these pictures of her....


No comments: