Saturday, July 3, 2021

New Years Eve/New Years - Marathon

 

New Years Eve looked a bit different than most years.  It's our anniversary and this year it was our 15 year anniversary!  Logan was just starting to feel better and I had a marathon planned on New years day.  I was supposed to run one in College Station in early December but that one got cancelled.  Then I was going to do one in Fort Worth but I found out you had to run with a mask on.....um no.  So this was the only one I could find.  I had been training for a long time and was ready to just get it done.  I didn't think Logan felt up to going but he did.  We decided very last minute to ALL go and make the trip to Houston.  So our New Years Eve was spent driving down to Houston.  We found a fun pizza place to eat at together.  The kids got dessert from Tiff's Treats and thought it was the best thing ever.  I was glad to have my crew with me!!!




The race went great.  It was a little over 6 miles that we looped 4 times.  That kinda got old but overall it was flat and a great course.  The weather was cold and I couldn't have asked for better.  I did get a PR (3:54) but sadly not really close to qualifying for Boston.  It was a great race and super fun to have all my family there with me!!












No comments: