Wednesday, September 10, 2008

6 months old


I can't believe I have a 6 month old. Time sure does fly by when you're have fun. We went to the doctor this morning for his 6 month checkup. He's doing great. He had all the nurses and even his doctor smiling and going on and on about him. He finally is back on the charts!! He weighed 20 lbs and 14 oz (95th percentile) and was 27 inches long (50th percentile). He finally didn't pee everywhere at the doctor's office. We covered him up while he was on the scale so no one got sprayed.

He's already been eating oatmeal (pics down below) and definietly ready to start tackling some veggies and fruits. He can scoot a lot on his tummy now. He can turn a circle and tries to reach really far to grab things. He has a fascination with my hair lately and loves to grab it. He thinks any animal noises are the funniest things right now....especially when his dad does them. He is still really laid back and just seems content doing just about anything. He is a blast. We love him SO much. Here are a few pics of him lately.

I bought him this little swimming pool at Wal-mart the other day. He loved playing in it in the backyard. The water was freezing cold from the water hose but he didn't seem to mind....he just splashed his hands the whole time. I think he might have had his trunks a little low.....I couldn't help but take a picture of his cute super long crack!

Bath time just gets more and more fun. I got him a few bath toys that his cousins had that he had really liked. He loves to be squirted with the little basketballs. He squeals and just keeps splashing around in the water. It's really cute.

Weston painted a picture for his dad the other day while he was at work. I think we might have gotten a little carried away with the black paint. It kinda got everywhere.....but we had a lot of fun. Looks like he has a little beard in these pictures.




We got to meet Erika and her boyfriend, Chris Snapp, for dinner last weekend. We met them at the Gristmill in Gruene. It's a great restaurant but better than that was getting to see both of them. I miss her so much and it was so fun to see her loving on Weston. Chris is great. We both really liked him a lot and are anxious to get to know him even better. She gave Weston some fun books to read. Chris has got a very very special one!!!

Feeding him oatmeal has been so much fun. It's so fun to put a spoon in his mouth and feed him something. He gets so excited and it's just so cute to see him opening his mouth. He really seems to be doing good with it.


I turned 28 on Tuesday. I guess I realized that day that once you are a mom there isn't a single day that is "all about you" anymore. You don't take breaks from being a mom...it's constant....365 days a year. He is so worth it but it definitely takes some getting used to. We had a great day though....just really different from the other birthdays I've celebrated. He wouldn't take an afternoon nap for some reason....he screamed for about an hour and then finally slept for about 30 minutes. I knew dinner was going to be a disaster but Logan insisted that we go out. We went to Outback and we felt like we were in the outback wrestling an alligator or something. He was so squirmy and fussy. We were both exhausted when we finally got all our food crammed down our face as quick as we could so we could get out of there. Of course there was people all around us and we felt bad for having the "loud" child. But it's all about the memories right??? While we were "trying" to eat dinner, Logan asked me if we were having fun yet and if I was enjoying my birthday dinner....I just smiled.......then he asked me if I was sure we wanted 4 of these!!! It was a great birthday though....got several sweet cards in the mail and lots of phone calls from my family and sweet friends and of course a priceless poem from my brother-in-law.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sooo precious! WE LOVE WESTON! Chris and I were so glad we got to spend some time with you at the Gristmill, and look forward to meeting up again sometime soon. He loved meeting y'all too!!

It's such a joy to see you loving mommyhood, Mandy.

Give Weston a kiss for me...
-erika

The Gray Gang said...

i loved your comments about dinner on your bday. wish i could tell you their behavior eating out gets better, but boy are you in for some fun when he's 2!