Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My Grandpa Martin

My sweet Grandpa Martin passed away on Friday morning. He is now home with the Lord and healed. He had been getting worse the past few months. They moved him to a nursing home about 2 weeks ago and then he fell on Monday and broke his hip. He had been in the hospital all week and just didn't get better. He was my first grandparent to lose....so that was hard of course but I know that he is better now and happier with the Lord. Despite the circumstances it was so great to spend so much time with my Martin side of the family. Some of them hadn't even seen Weston yet, so of course he was the highlight. It was so great to just talk to all of them and be with them that much. I am so thankful for my extended family. Here is a pic of my grandpa and grandma with Weston. I'm thankful he got to see Weston before he passed away.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this, Mandy. I am so sorry. I know there is a lot of love in your family.
-ew