Thursday, January 15, 2009

10 months

So another month has passed! He's less than 2 months away from being a year old! Crazy!! He is full of energy these days. Well actually not the past few days.....we've had the stomach flu this past week. I think he actually got it first and then gave it to me and Logan. We were quite a sight on Monday night.....after Weston went to bed it hit me and Logan and I were both taking turns running to the bathroom. Not a pretty sight. We are much better now! Pedialite is a miracle drink...Weston sucked that stuff down! No more virus at this house.....I think I have disinfected every light switch and door knob in our house.....my mom would be so proud :)
So Mr. Weston is on the move.....here are some things he can do now.....stand by himself for a few moments while holding something in his hands, crawl anywhere FAST, chase mom and dad around the house, open every drawer and cabinet he can find and pull out everything he finds :), open the toilet seats and bang the lid closed, loves to climb in the dishwasher, walks around holding on to walls or whatever he can hold on to, ride on his doggie toy standing up, pushes his fire truck around house backwards, loves brushing his teeth....which he now has 4, says "mama", "dog", "truck" but it starts with a "g"...not sure, make all kinds of funny faces and noises with his mouth, loves to talk to Stormy and be outside with her, crawl through tunnels that dad makes him in the living room, bounce in his high chair, eat CHEERIOS and crackers....definitely his favorite, loves pulling on night lights and any kind of cord, act like his driving dad's truck, loves the vacuum cleaner, loves to play with door stops, and loves to see himself in the mirror. I really don't think this kid is afraid of anything. Several times I've found him on the back porch eating who knows what....leaves...dirt...etc. I'm sure he'll live through a lot worse than that in the days to come. I know I always say it but he is SO much fun. I love my days with him. I can't think of anywhere I'd rather be than right here with him. Those moments when he just wants his mama and he crawls up on me and nestles his head down on me.....gosh I love it.....makes my heart want to burst.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all, Weston just gets cuter by the second! Love the picture of him driving! Also, we missed you at Bible study but no one understands the awfulness that is the stomach flu like the keiffers. It really makes you appreciate your own mom, right? Anyways, so glad you're feeling better and that your house is officially disinfected! :)

Michele said...

Mandy, I don't how to contact you, so hope you read this. One of my students, your former student, showed your blog to me. Weston is a big boy! And really cute. I have a blog for my son too. How did you add the monthly pictures on the left side of your blog, showing a picture of Weston at each milestone? I think it is a neat idea, and need to add it to my blog :) http://texas-mills.blogspot.com/ - Michele