Monday, March 9, 2009

First Birthday Party!

Oh did we ever have some fun on Sunday. We had Weston's first birthday party here at the house. We did a construction theme for it. It was tons of fun. All our immediate family made the trip south and came down. They were such a huge help with everything for the party. My 2 brother-in-laws were hanging up signs and caution tape while my dad and father-in-law were cooking all the hamburgers. My mom and mother-in-law were helping me get all the rest of the food ready while my sister made his cake. She did amazing! It was a 3-D dumptruck and then made a hard hat for Weston's cake. I loved it and I know Weston loved it. We took lots of pictures of everything so I'll just let you see the fun.


My child didn't hesitate one bit when that cake was set down in front of him. He started scraping the sides of the hat and then just started cramming all that icing in his mouth. It was making me sick to think of his little tummy getting all that sugar. He's never really even had sugar before! He got mad when I tried to take it from him. He was covered in yellow icing. There is no telling how much of that stuff he ate.....a lot! We just took him to the big utility sink and gave him a bath. He was pretty cute. He had a big time with all his new toys that he got too. He definitely got spoiled with all his new fun stuff.



A huge thanks to all his friends and our friends for coming to the party and for all his fun gifts. It was such a fun day to get to spoil my little boy.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

So glad Weston had a great birthday party! It looks like he had a lot of fun!

The Gray Gang said...

happy birthday weston. looks like he was loved on a ton!

Unknown said...

Okay, that CAKE is amazing! Melody is so talented. I love the theme and you did a great job decorating! Love you !