Friday, March 20, 2009

Piles and Cheerios


Last week when Malakai was here he loved going out to our backyard and playing in the "piles" (pile of sand). So the other day I took Weston out to play in it. He had a blast digging in the dirt and filling up his bucket and dump truck. He of course had to eat some of it....everything still seems to go in that mouth of his! We were both covered in sand but it was fun. As soon as his dad heard about it he brought another load of sand for him.....plenty of sand to go around now!

I get these emails every week of games and things to do with your child at his particular age. Last week it said to get a string of some kind and teach them how to string cheerios on it. It said it helps them use their fingers. So I tried it the other day with him but the only thing that Weston knows to do with cheerios is EAT them! I would string a few on there for him and hand it to him and he would immediately eat them off. Oh well...it was a good laugh and fun to watch him. I don't think any kind of learning games with food involved is going to be very effective with my child :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious!!
-erika