Thursday, May 21, 2009

Moving, Rent House, and Total Destruction

Well it's been a little while since I've posted....that's been due to the craziness going on with us the last few days. We moved last weekend into a rent house in town. It's been quite an adjustement. I have been telling people it feels like we live in the median of I-10. The subdivision that our rent house is located in is right off the interstate. I can sit on the "backporch" (small concrete slab) and see the trucks and cars flying down the interstate between the rails on our fence. So it's been quite an adjustment from living where all you hear is the peacocks down the street to the interstate sounds. Another small adjustment was the beaming lights coming through our bedroom windows. The first night we literally woke up around 1:00 in the morning thinking it was dawn. Oh no, it was just the parking lot lights of the La Quinta in our backyard beaming through the windows. Needless to say I made a little trip to Walmart the next day and bought some fabulous black curtains to take care of that problem. It's been much better since.

So Weston is adjusting. It's been sorta hard for him because he doesn't have his favorite backporch anymore to play with all his toys on all day. But we're learning some new fun. We have stairs now in the rent house (which bless those of you with 2 stories). I've never lived in a 2 story besides college and sorry, but it's NO fun. I get all the way up the stairs and realized I forgot something. And to top that I have to haul a 30 lb weight up the stairs and manuever over the baby gates that are made for 7 ft people without killing myself and my child. I'm learning though.....Weston definitely LOVES climbing up the stairs. He's learning about coming down. Normally he just starts crying when he gets to the top and can't get down but he's slowly figuring out how to come down. He likes to side-step his way down by holding on to the wall. It's pretty cute.

So total destruction....what's that about. He's about 30 lbs and 2 feet tall. It's been like a tornado is in this house when he comes through a room. I guess it has something to do with being in a new place with new things to discover but he has dragged out everything imaginable and gotten into everything imaginable! I feel like all I say all day long is "no sir", "no touch", and "no Weston". Here's a few pics to show you what he was up to when I thought he was just "playing" while I was trying to unpack my closet.

And this was dinner the other night. I made Mexican stack and he decided to throw it from his high chair. It's SO hard not to laugh.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

bless you, honey! I will be praying for you as you adjust. That can't be easy...Any news on where you will live next? Do you think you will build again?

Anonymous said...

Why did you guys move? Your little boy is so cute! I hope we can meet up when we come down there for Christmas.