Monday, January 4, 2010

Christmas in Weatherford & Ruidoso

Well we got to Weatherford just in time. The next morning (Christmas Eve) we woke up to it snowing! It was beautiful but it made for an interesting day. We were supposed to have a "Martin" girl outing to the Nutcracker in Fort Worth at the Bass Hall but I wasn't feeling the greatest....so mom and I just stayed at the house. Melody and the rest of the aunts and cousins went and had a great time. But they had quite a time getting home because by that time the roads were getting terrible. We ended up not even getting to have Christmas Eve with my extended family....I was really bummed because it's really our only time to see everyone all together. But the roads were so bad it was best that we didn't. So we just stayed at Mom's and had our little Christmas together.

Mom tried really hard to get all 3 of her grandkids to listen and sit their quietly as she read the Christmas story....that was interesting :)

We all opened gifts and had a great time together. The girls got those adorable hats from my mom...they don't know a thing about posing do they??? I'm sure their mom taught them that :)

We got up the next morning (Christmas Day) and headed to Ruidoso. Needless to say the snow and ice wasn't all melted quite yet. It took 3 hours just to make it to the edge of Abilene from Weatherford...normally takes under 2 hours. I had a really interesting potty break at the roadside park....but I'll leave out those details.....when you are pregnant and you've got to go....you've got to go!!! We got to have Christmas lunch at Jack-n-box...yipee!! We didn't really care though...it was just nice to get out of the car! We finally pulled into Ruidoso about 8:30 that night....took about 10 hours to get there. This was my sleepy boy...he did great in the car considering it took all day to get there.

There was lots of snow on the ground already at the cabin too. This was Weston's first time to really get to be in the snow....he loved it! Pops got the deer feeder filled up and we got to watch all the deer while we were there. Weston loved saying "deer" and running over to the window and looking at them. They look like they could gobble up the deer we see around here in Boerne!
This needs some explanation.....everyone except mom, me, and my Aunt Diane went skiing on Sunday. So we decided to make a gingerbread house with the kids.....um...disaster. That is definitely in my sister's list of gifts and not on me or my mom's. The roof and walls wouldn't stay up and it was pretty sad looking. Oh well...the kids loved it and enjoyed eating the candy while we were making it.

We bought a sled and all went sledding one day. It was fun to all get outside. Everyone....yes everyone...even mom and dad and big belly me went down on the sled. It was lots of fun! I think Kayden liked it the best. Here's some pictures of it....


Pops and Weston didn't feel very good one day. Pops was laying in the chair and Weston just walked up...threw his burp cloth up to Pops and climbed up on him and laid his head down on him....too cute! He sure loves his Pops :)

It snowed quite a bit on Monday while we were there. Logan made a snow angel and Weston liked eating the snow.


We had such a great time....sorry for our kid waking up on "Texas time"....if not earlier :( Hope you can all forgive us. My Aunt Diane, Ashley and Justin were up there the same time we were. I just realized I didn't get any pictures of them :( We had lots of fun hanging out at night, eating dinner, and playing Russian Rummy!

No comments: