Thursday, January 14, 2010

Haiti

I can barely even watch the news when they are showing the pictures and talking about the destruction in Haiti. It just breaks my heart to watch all those people in such despair. I had the opportunity to go to Haiti on a mission trip during college and so it has always been near and dear to my heart. The people there are precious. We actually flew in to Port-au-Prince and so I was able to see some of that city. There is poverty everywhere. We ended up leaving there and flying in to Cap-Haitien, which is another larger town located in the eastern part of Haiti, closer to the Dominican. It was a much closer airport to the village where we served whlie we were there.
One of my really good friends is actually serving right now as a missionary in the Dominican. They are sending in supplies to Haiti to help with relief efforts. If you would like to give to help this cause, you can do so by clicking on this link. http://makariosinternational.org
It's hard to just sit here and watch and not want to go help. But I know that our prayers and financial support are helping too. I just pray that people will turn to the Lord during this time and more will known Him because of all of this.

No comments: