Tuesday, September 14, 2010

My 30th Birthday Dinner

You'd think by turning 30 you would have learned a thing or two. Well we planned on going out for my birthday dinner with my family on our way back from Kansas. We stayed a night with my mom and dad and drove over and met Mel, Greg, and the girls for dinner. I dumbly picked Olive Garden. They just have the best commericals on at night that make their food look SO yummy! So I was thinking we'd have help there with the kids so it couldn't be too bad. Boy was I wrong. We never go to sit down restaurants with the boys anymore and I remembered why after that night. We got there around 6ish and they said it was going to be a 30 to 40 minute wait. I said, "No way....let's just go next door to Freebirds." Then the hostesses said she could have our table ready in 5 to 10 minutes. Well ok then....we can do that. Well 45 minutes later we were seated. Caleb had already finished the bottle I had made for him and was very ready to sleep by this point. Weston was beyond hungry and bouncing off the walls as usual. Needless to say dinner was pretty much a disaster. Of course we had a to wait awhile for our food so in the meantime Weston is eating as many breadsticks as he can possibly fit in his tummy while Caleb is screaming and mom and me are taking turns trying our best to comfort him. Meanwhile, the girls are sitting at the other end of the table just SO quiet and eating their food. WOW....boys and girls are SO different. We made it through....somehow or another and I promised myself never again to eat at a nicer restaurant with the boys. It's just not fun for anyone! So what a birthday dinner! Sorry to my sweet sister and brother-in-law for driving over for a crazy dinner. And to my sweet cousin for coming and joining us too!!! I loved having you all there to celebrate even if I couldn't have a conversation with you because of the screaming kids :)



No comments: