Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Advent Calendar


We never had an Advent calendar growing up, but I've heard a lot about them lately. While we were visiting in Weatherford, my parent's church gave a kit out to all the kids to make one. I decided we'd give it a try this year. I'm hoping maybe it'll be a new tradition that we do as a family. Every day we get to read a scripture and learn something about Christ. I know Weston won't understand a lot of it yet but it'll be fun to do with him. He is starting to put a few things together about Jesus's birthday being on Christmas and it's what we're celebrating. I want him to begin seeing the significance behind the things we do. It'll also be a great reminder every day until Christmas to keep our focus on Him. So to make it we needed 25 of something to hang and make our calendar with. It seems like every thing I thought of we only had like 20 of them. So I finally found Logan's socks......yes, some are stained and have holes in them....but I think it'll work great and add character to our calendar. It's definitely unique hanging on the wall :) So we start today with Day 1.....we'll see how it goes!

No comments: