Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving at Home!!!

We had an awesome Thanksgiving. For the first time since we've been married we didn't have to travel! It was so great just to be home and to host everyone. This year it's Thanksgiving with my family and Christmas with Logan's. I got to cook and plan a lot of the meal and I loved it. It was my first time to do a turkey! I really enjoy doing stuff like that and actually everything turned out!

I tried a new apple pie receipe and I think it's a winner! Logan actually said it might be the best apple pie he's ever had! Wow! Now I have to prove it by making it for the real apple pie critics in Kansas :)
I actually set the table all up. I was excited about doing all of this. I think it turned out really well.

We had quite a spread....never seems to be a shortage of food :)

Caleb was sure excited about his first Thanksgiving. He got to eat a few sweet potatoes and some of my roll. He seems to like anything you put in his mouth.

This was the kid's table....they loved sitting at it and coloring on it. Looks like Thomas, Bertie, and James had Thanksgiving dinner too!

We adopted 2 soldiers from Lackland AFB this year. It's a program called "Operation Home Cooking." It was a really neat experience. We went and picked up the girls (Sandi and Randi.....yes, we all rhymed) on Thanksgiving morning and they got to spend the entire day with us. It was so much fun to get to know them. They are in basic training right now at Lackland. They were super sweet and loved being with my family. It was a treat just for them to get to be off base. It was the small things that meant so much to them.....using our phones to talk to their families, checking their email, eating as slow as they wanted, smiling, drinking Mountain Dew :) It made our Thanksgiving extra special and I hope we can keep doing this every year that we are home.
Weston put on their jacket for a minute. I hope he's starting to understand what they do for us.

We had lots of fun play time with the cousins. Here's a lot of pictures from the weekend.





We got tired of leftovers and headed to Longhorns for a burger on Friday night. The balloon lady was amazing! She made Thomas (of course), Cinderella, and Hello Kitty.

I love my family so much and loved having them at our house. I hope they enjoyed it as much as we did. Thanks for making the long drive down. I am so thankful for my family!

1 comment:

Rachel Wagner said...

Mandy the table looks beautiful!!! Looks like yall had an awesome time!