Monday, November 15, 2010

1/2 Marathon

What a weekend....my parents came down on Friday night to be here for my 1/2 marathon yesterday. We had a great time with them all weekend. Rick and Mel were down here too because Rick ran in the 1/2 with me.
They came over to the house on Saturday night for dinner. Mrs. Hobbs brought her "Mrs. Mel's Ton of Fun"....it was SO cute!! She had this huge suitcase full of fun stuff for kids. She made animal balloons, played games with Weston, and had tons of other stuff in her big suitcase. Weston had a blast with her.
Weston and Pops got a little crazy with the ballons. I'm not sure who was having more fun.....Weston or Pops!
Uncle Rick played some games with Weston too. He was in heaven with all this attention!

So Saturday afternoon my sweet Caleb came down with a stomach bug. Not fun. He threw up once and had diarrhea. I started feeling bad Saturday night and then woke up with the diarrhea early Sunday morning before the race. No, not fun. But I wasn't dare going to not do it.....not after training for so long and paying $$ to do it!!!! So I just tried my best. I felt ok starting but after about halfway through I started feeling weak. Rick did awesome though!!! He beat his PR again! He did it in 1:47 and I got 1:52. It wasn't terrible but I sure was wanting to do it faster.

We had the best cheerleaders! Mom had Caleb in the bjorn and Weston was up in the backpack carrier on Logan. They were all troopers for getting up so early and weaving in and out of ALL the people and traffic. Dad walked like 3+ miles just to see us at the finish line!!! I sure love them all and it meant the world to me to have them all there.
I made the boys t-shirts to wear...."run mama run".....guess I should have made sweatshirts because it was pretty chilly yesterday morning!


So all in all it was a really fun day. I just wished I would have felt better....but oh well. I was reminded once again that life is NOT about me :)

2 comments:

Julie said...

You are awesome- running with a stomach bug- I'm impressed.
Love the boys' shirts! Super cute.

The Currie Family said...

You are amazing!!! Your time is awesome but crazy ridiculous with a stomach bug!! Loved your cheerleaders, so cute!!