Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Boy's Birthday Party!!

We had the boys' birthday party this past weekend. It was so much fun and went really well. I decided to do their party together and I think that will continue for many years. Weston is March 11th and Caleb is April 12th....so I just did it in the middle. We had a huge turnout and so there were kids everywhere!!! It was great and my boys had so much fun. There are a LOT of pictures so I will apologize in advance for this extremely long post. My mother-in-law had my camera all day and managed to fill up my memory card and run down my battery :)













My sister once again worked her magic in the kitchen and made the cutest cupcakes and cookies for the party. We got cupcake towers and had one for both of the boys. She also made Caleb his very own train cake to eat. You'll see those pictures a little later. He loved it :)




I got ALL my ideas off some girl's blog that I found. I had a lot of fun making all the banners, labels, etc for the party. But I will say it was a lot of work. But your 2 little boys only turn 3 and 1 once!!!

We did a train theme but instead of doing Thomas the Train I just used red, blue and aqua and did everything to coordinate with that. I made this fun banner to go above the table. It was my favorite thing that I did. Now it's hanging in their rooms and looks really cute!!!



Here's my big boy sampling the food table. We served hot dogs, chips, salsa, pasta salad, strawberries, and actual Thomas Pasta! Yes, you can buy it at HEB. It's a staple in our house :)

I made little boxes with signs in them and balloons coming out of each one for the tables.

I also found each of the kids engineer hats off of Oriental Trading Company. We hung them on a clothesline on the porch.



They each had their own cupcake tower and....


their own cookies with 3's or 1's on them.



I did different candy jars with different candies in them for the kids to take home. Only thing is that many kids didn't take them home and now we have a house full of candy!!! So if you want some candy, please come to our house!



Kiersi is showing off her train suckers....these were a hit too!
Here's the other birthday boy :) Oh and I made them the shirts to wear.....they have engineer shorts on too to go with the train theme. They were as cute as can be if you ask me!


Weston frequented the candy jars....as if that's hard to imagine :)

In the yard, I had 6 different "stations" set up for the kids to play. Here you can see the painting station (painting a train magnet) and the sandbox station.

Also we had a mini engineer station where Caleb and his buddies (or girlfriends) could play with his toys on a blanket.



We had a pinata station too. The bigger kids has a blast doing this. Bryce was our winner and had quite the swing! He was crazy with that bat!








Another station was the "tattoo station". Weston obviously liked this one a lot. I found Thomas tattoos and by the end of the party they were plastered all over the kids :)

Our families are amazing!! They all came down and helped cook, clean, put out tables, decorate, etc.....gosh we are so thankful for them and how they love on our boys. Pawpaw came and he just had heart surgery a little over 2 weeks ago! Thank you!!! We love you so much!

Besides the birthday boys....the cutest little boy ever :)


And now for the cake!!!! Weston sang right along with everyone as they sang happy birthday!



Caleb dug right into his chocolate cake. And Weston had the icing eaten off his cupcake in no time. My boys can definitely take care of the sweets!

It looks like Weston is eyeing Caleb's chocolate cake!









We let Weston have some chocolate and Caleb decided he wasn't finished with it.



Then I made everyone do the unthinkable and take a big group picture!!! Yes, all 33 kids in one picture!! It was awesome!!! If only you could see all the parents behind this camera!


All the boys sweet friends and cousins......





Weston got a bike from his Pops and Grams. He loves it!!! He's been riding it a lot and yes, has already had several falls on it.


Not a bright idea to try to take family pictures after all that sugar....but we did it anyways.....


Looks like a happy family doesn't it???


Mimi and Pawpaw gave Weston a big wheel. He loves it too! He needs to grow a little more to do it better but he was having a good time on it. Brendan, his buddy next door, has one too. So I'm sure they'll be racing up and down the driveway before too long.


Caleb got fun stuff too. He got a little cow that he rides on, new teva sandals, and a really fun water play table.









It was warm and he was wet....so we just decided to make it into a bathtub. He loved it!

So did the cousins :)

Mimi's birthday was last week so we celebrated with her on Sunday night. LOTS of sugar for one weekend. I think it's veggies and water for awhile around here!

The boys got to ride in the lawn mower trailer. Never knew that could be so much fun! Bet we looked white trash with our 4 boys without shirts on riding around in the lawnmower trailer. And the best part is that we were walking beside it taking their picture! I'm sure we were quite a sight.

Mimi had to get in on the fun too!

Caleb was pooped :)

I love this picture!! 2 cousins....watching their big brothers.....they are going to be the best little buddies. They look the same age but are actually 9 months apart.


Silly Mimi with Stormy.....poor Stormy....I think she was traumatized.





No comments: