Thursday, June 2, 2011

Logan turns 30!

Surprise Surprise!!! Last weekend I put together a surprise party for my hubby! He turned 30 (finally) this past Wednesday. I did it at our clubhouse on Saturday night. He actually was surprised until we turned in and he saw all the cars.

Weston almost ruined the surprise. I learned my lesson of what not to tell a 3 year old earlier in the week. Weston and I made cupcakes for the party on Thursday and took them over to Catherine's house so she could bring them to the party. Weston asked what they were for and I told them they were for Dad's birthday party. As soon as Logan got home that day, he ran straight up to Logan and told said, "It's your birthday party Dad!" I was just stunned and just sat there....I couldn't help smiling. Logan smiled of course and then kept asking Weston for more answers. He didn't say anything else but knew he was funny. So Logan knew something was up but didn't know any of the details :) Oh, the joys of a 3 year old!!

Several of our friends got to come and celebrate. We had a great time. Here's one of our favorite little boys......Parker :) I think my dad was enjoying him too. Love the Irons!!

Caleb had his spoon the whole night....it's been his latest favorite. He carries it around with him everywhere.
My parents drove in for the party. They actually went and spent the night in Fredericksburg the night before and then showed up for the party. The boys were so excited to see Pops and Grams.
Logan's parents weren't able to come but his mom made him an awesome banner for the party. It had tons of pictures on it of when Logan was a little boy. They all look SO much like Weston and Caleb. It was really cute!
Lots of fun in the pool!!!



Weston had a blast trying to squirt Pops the entire party. I think my dad was soaked by the time it was over.
Catherine gets the award for helping me pull off the surprise. She helped set everything up and take care of all the stuff. THANK YOU!!!! You're the best!!!
Two of Logan's roommates from A&M came in town for the weekend and stayed with us. We had a blast with them. Saturday morning we all loaded up and went out to the lake. It was a lot of fun. First time to take the boat out this summer.



Elianna and Caleb were so tired. They fell asleep with their life jackets on as we were heading back to put the boat up. I've never seen Caleb that tired!!! Jessica was so sweet to hold him while he was passed out.
Late Saturday night we played a new game called Quelf. It was a crazy game but I have to admit I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. These pictures won't make sense but they make me laugh remembering what all we had to do.

Weston is our photographer.....can you tell?
On Logan's actual birthday we ate a yummy dinner of brisket and then headed to the pool. We've been going there a lot lately. We've got 2 fish that LOVE the water. It's really fun and never crowded.
We sang "Happy Birthday" and Weston blew out his candles for him. Fun night! I sure love my birthday boy!!! I am so thankful for him as my husband, dad to my boys, and my best friend.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Weston's a great photographer! :) That picture of you & Logan is so cute!