Monday, November 12, 2012

Marriage Retreat


We had the amazing opportunity to go on a marriage retreat this past weekend.  Our sunday school class awhile back decided that we wanted to try to put one together.  So a couple in our class took it on and organized it.  Logan and I have never done anything like that before and it was amazing.  We went out to this brand new retreat center in Junction, TX.  It was beautiful and just what we both needed to just get away for a little bit.  They brought in a couple from Pine Cove family camp that spoke throughout the weekend.  It was amazing to just get time to talk about the Lord together about what He is doing in our marriage and in our family.  We had several sessions where we heard from the speaker but we also had some couple time that we got to spend talking through things.  You might think that doesn't sound like that big of a deal....but time to talk for us is HUGE!!!!  We never hardly get time to talk and we SO needed it!!!!
In the afternoon we got free time so a huge group of us went kayaking on the Llano river.  Then Logan and I rode 4 wheelers together and then all the aggies (14 of them!!!) watched the A&M vs. Alabama game together.  That was more than a treat for Logan to watch his Aggies win with his buddies!!!
It really was a special weekend for both of us.  I know we both walked away challenged and changed from our time there. 
My hubby decided to "fro" his hair out on Saturday.....it was....great :)  I didn't take many pictures all weekend....I just tried to enjoy it and not have my phone!
 
Here's all the aggies! 
Yes they even all sang their song after their victory. 
 
Yes, I missed my boys but we definitely needed the time away.  My sweet mom came in on Friday to keep them for us.  It was a LOT and I think she has a different understanding of what my days are like now :)  This was my first time to leave Tyson overnight and her first time keeping all 3 of them!!  The Hobbs came in for the marathon (next post) and so they came and helped her Saturday morning for Weston's soccer game.  He scored a goal!!!  Wahoo!!!  Thanks mom for keeping our boys!!! 

No comments: