Monday, November 12, 2012

My 1/2 Marathon

Yesterday I ran in the rock n roll 1/2 marathon in San Antonio.  Rick came down and ran it too.  It was REALLY warm and humid so it made for an interesting day.  Logan, Weston and my dad all came with me and cheered me on. 
This was mile 3....Weston had just given me a high five :)
This is at mile 8....Weston came out and saw me and took a picture with me! 
He was a trooper along with my dad and Logan.  They walked a TON and waited and waited! 
The last 2 miles were pretty brutal.  The heat just zapped me and I was really tired.  I somehow finished running the whole thing and finished at 1:59:15.  My goal was 2 hours so I guess I just barely made it!!!  I've run a 1/2 after every kid now but I think the real award and medal needs to go to Logan for letting me run and helping out with the boys on the morning when I do long runs!!!  It is a gift that he lets me do this and supports me so much.  I really enjoy it and I feel like it helps me be a better mom and wife.  Here's me, Rick and Weston after the race.  
Afterwards we cleaned up and all went to lunch.  It was a lot of fun to be with the Hobbs and my parents.  They mean so much to us and the boys love being with them of course too. 
Oh and another medal goes to my MOM!!!  She kept the 2 younger boys all morning while I ran and took care of them for me.
 
 
 
Yesterday was also Rick's 57th birthday!  Pretty impressive to turn 57 and run a 1/2 marathon!!!  
 

No comments: