Friday, October 3, 2014

Camping in Oklahoma!

Back towards the end of summer we let the older 2 boys choose between playing a sport this fall or going camping once a month as a family.  They chose camping so this past weekend we did our September camping event and went to Beavers Bend State Park in Oklahoma.  Sorry for the first picture but I just had to share.....on the way we had to make a quick stop :)
We got there and made hotdogs on the fire.  Of course the boys were so excited about hotdogs :) 

Then smores of course!  I think they love making the fire the best!





Well I still call it camping but yes, we did have a one-bedroom cabin.  I just can't quite imagine ALL of us sleeping in a tent yet....I know the day will come but I just don't think we are quite ready to tackle that.  So the older 2 boys slept on a fold out couch and Tyson and Lucy were in pack-n-plays.  
It's a pretty cool state park.  There are lots of things to do......train, playground, horseback rides, hiking, paddle boats, swimming, fishing, etc.  Can you guess what Tyson kept begging to go back for?

This is how Lucy spent most of the time....she loved it :)  And so did I :)
15 minute ride cost this family almost $30....gotta love having 4 kids :)
Lucy hanging on for dear life :)
So at the end of our 15 min ride they called out a ticket number that won a free bag of cotton candy......and yep you guessed it....we were the lucky winners.  Weston kept saying, "I'm so lucky!"  Yes you are.....yes you are.

And the hiking fun began.....


Tyson was in and out of the carrier on Logan's back.  We got it back in the day when we had ONE kid....and haven't used it too much since.  It worked great for Tyson though.
This is what I got to look down on :)  Melts me.  She did some sleeping on mom both mornings.

Throwing rocks in the river....big fun!


"I love my bubba." says Tyson.

Logan took the boys on a paddleboat ride.  Lucy and I just stayed on the shore and watched.  They were pretty excited about getting to do this.




There was a cliff up around the corner on the river's edge that they got out of the boat and walked up to and jumped off in the river.  The river is FREEZING so they dared me to do it.  So I then got my turn with them all in the paddleboat.
And OH MY it was HARD work....paddling with all 3 of them....yikes.  And Tyson had to be sitting in my lap the entire time.  When we finally got up to the cliff I was wanting to jump in because I was sweating so bad from pedaling them all the way there.  I did jump but it was more than freezing.....like when you can't think straight in the water cold.  I got out quickly and then Caleb was messing with the boat and it started floating off so I got to get in again and go get it.  Gosh it was cold.  Needless to say I was relieved to get back and park our paddleboat.  I was worn out :)
Caleb and I did a little hiking during nap time.
I maybe took a nap for a minute on the table :)

The Aggies happen to be playing during nap time so someone was glued to their phone watching updates :)
We made some foil packets and put steak and potatoes and carrots in them for dinner.  It was really yummy!

Gorgeous river.....


So this is just humorous.....our attempts at a family picture selfie.....hmm....don't think so.


And then some people walked up and we got a much better picture :)
Cabin #30


Tyson's ride :)

She just can't get anymore smiley!!!

And another good one....someone on the trail took our picture for us :)
It was a fun weekend together.  Were there some really stressful times???  Umm yes.  But that is life and that is definitely life with 4 kids...with 3 of them being very active little boys.  We have such a huge responsibility as parents to teach these kids many things.  We were reminded over this trip how things just don't come natural for them.....they are born with a sinful nature just like us and we must continue to teach them what is right.  I love being able to go on trips like this and be in nature and let them enjoy God's creation.  They definitely love it too!  They had a blast and I'm looking forward to our next campout!

No comments: