Monday, June 15, 2009

15 Months and the First Hair Cut

Weston turned 15 months last week! You know my Math teacher mind....that's a year and a fourth! Seems old to me. He is getting cuter by the day. I'm actually flying him up tomorrow to meet Mimi and Pawpaw. They are keeping him for a whole week while we go on a cruise with my family. I know he'll have a blast but I sure am going to miss him!!!
He is doing so many things these days.....jabbering his "westonese" all the time, going up and down the stairs, running around the house, playing with his golf clubs and balls all the time, eating anything and everything, playing in the toilets still :(, biting mama when he doesn't want to do something :(, blowing kisses, dancing in the car (video below to prove it), hamming it up with anyone that will give him attention, and making our lives SO SO fun!!! We are so thankful for our little boy.....little BIG boy.

That first picture is of him the other day in the living room. He dragged the blanket off the couch to the front door and laid down on it. Silly boy....do you think he was ready for a nap? Not hard to guess what he wants.

We got him a new life jacket at Sam's the other night and tried it out on Saturday at the lake. He did much better with it. It seemed to stay down better around his neck. Of course he'd much rather NOT wear it and eat his cheerios on the boat....that's definitely his favorite thing to do on the boat (or anywhere). I was pulling Logan wakeboarding and holding Weston. All of the sudden the boat just died. I didn't know what had happened. I looked down and sure enough Weston had pulled the kill switch on the boat. Silly boy :) His dad just sank out in the water.


So the time had definitely come for him to get his first hair cut. I was REALLY dreading it. I knew it was getting really long but I just hated to see those cute curls disappear. We went to the barber shop on Main Street and she fixed him up. He did really great for the most part. He sucked on the water bottle for the first part and then just kept trying to pull his little drape thing off. She trimmed it up pretty good. Of course I saved all the curls and have them in an envelope. I think it made him look a little older. He's still pretty cute though....and still has some curls left :)

Here's him posing for me after his haircut.



These are some silly videos of him the last few days. The first one is him moving around the trashcan and speaking in his language. Then the next one is his dance moves. Lucky for you, you can see his mom and dad dancing in the front seat. I think there is going to be some dance parties at 136 Hampton Way in the near future.

This was last night.....I just couldn't get enough of him. I kept kissing those squishy cheeks and squeezing him tighter. He was cracking up and I was loving it. Pretty fun. Gosh I love my boy!!!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

He is so precious! Hope yall have a great time on the cruise!