Monday, June 8, 2009

Malakai's Tractor Birthday


We drove up on Friday to Denton for Malakai's birthday party on Saturday. It was a John Deere party. There were tractors everywhere! Mallory even got someone close to their house to bring over a huge loader! It was awesome for the kids to play on and take pictures on it. They loved it. Malakai got a tractor birthday cake.....he is the cutest! He turned 2 on June 1st (him and Logan have the same birthday).


Before the party on Saturday, Malakai was eating some cereal and someone decided to come by for a tasting. Malakai ended up giving Weston most of his cereal...imagine that! He'd give Weston a bite and Weston would walk off while he swallowed it and then come right back for more. It was pretty cute. What a sweet cousin to share his cereal!


Sometimes I'm not so sure that Weston is a sweet cousin back though....look at these pictures! He just tries to bother Kai and the girls whenever he can. You can just see Kiersi getting annoyed at him.

Weston got to climb all over the loader with his dad. He loved it. He was pulling on all the handles and pushing all the buttons.

My parents came for the party too.....Weston sure was excited to see them. He got to spend a lot of time playing with Pops. Pops and his boy....I love seeing them together.

After the party and naptime, we all headed to Babe's for dinner. It's about the most unhealthiest food you can find but I have to admit that it sure was some good eating! Weston of course was a huge fan. They are known for their fried chicken. We celebrated Logan's, my sister's, and Malakai's birthdays all together. It's so great to be able to hang out with both sides of our family at one time. We loved getting to be with everyone.

It was pretty hot waiting at the restaurant. Weston got an up-close view of the mist fan....he liked that. Outside the restaurant in Frisco there were some old trains. The boys loved looking at them. We got some cute pics of them.


Cake again?? Yes, I know it was quite a day of eating....fried chicken....burgers....cake. Lots of running after that day......but after Babe's we came back to Mel's for her birthday cake and Logan's birthday cake. She made his and it was of course the cutest.....a golf ball "in the rough". I actually decorated hers....I know scary....especially with the pro staring over your shoulder. She didn't seem to think my ideas were very good but she said it turned out better than she thought.....not sure what that means......She said she'd only give me a job with some more "training" :) That stresses me out to even think about decorating cakes.....not for me....too tedious! It's funny because she loves to bake and hates to cook and I'm just the opposite! I'd much rather cook!

Sunday was a long day of driving. It takes about 6 hours to get to my sister's house from our rent house.....LONG day. Thanks to an Elmo video we made it pretty well. But I did have one tired boy when we got home.



I took these the other day and had to put them on here. Doesn't he look longer and dare I say a little thinner? All I know is that he is the cutest thing I have ever seen!!! Gosh I love him to pieces!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I LOVED your cake! You can decorate one for me any time!!

Whitney said...

Wow- what a fun party! And yes, I do think Weston looks a little thinner :) And I'm a good judge b/c I've got a little chunk of my own!