Monday, June 1, 2009

Happy Birthday My Love

Today is Logan's 28th birthday. Yep, he finally catches me again :( He loves to bring up the topic of our ages to everyone just because he loves the fact that I'll always be older than him. I'm his old lady. Well he is the bestest in the whole world....I am so thankful for him. I love him so much and he makes me so happy. He is the best husband and dad ever! I can't imagine my life without him.

We had a great weekend celebrating. Friday night I surprised him with a night to ourselves. My sweet friend Catherine offered to keep Weston over night! It was a nice break and fun just to be the 2 of us. I had a scavenger hunt for him when he got home from work on Friday. All the clues led him around the house and the last one led him to Weston's crib....that was empty! He was suprised because he thought he was napping. We went to Carrabba's (favorite) and then went and played putt-putt. He beat me terribly of course. I always try not to get competitive but I always end up getting worked up. Oh well....he should win....he's the golfer right?? Then we got some Starbucks and came home and watched a movie. It was a fun night.
Saturday morning we woke up and went and got Weston and headed to the lake for the first time this summer. We had invited several friends but no one ended up being able to come....which turned out to be a good thing because Weston hated his life jacket. Dumb me thought that the one that he wore last year would work just fine. Well the weight limit on that one was "up to 30lbs". Well yall know my kid......he's pretty darn close to 30lbs now if he's not already there. So as soon as we put the life jacket on him he was miserable. It was just at his face and too tight on him. I did take it off for a little while to get a picture of his cute shirt. I loved it. He did go tubing with his dad for a little while and he swam for a little bit. Our lake trip only lasted about 2 hours......my how things have changed. I remember when we used to spend the entire day out at the lake. Oh well......he's so worth it.

Logan had his birthday cake (and Weston had some too of course) Saturday night. We gave him his gifts. Weston had wrapped his in one of his diapers (clean of course :) Oh and Weston gave him a package of little white whiffle balls.....that's a pic with one of them in his mouth! I know...he's crazy!!! Fun birthday weekend. We sure love dad lots and lots!!!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday Logan! Looks like you guys had a great day of celebration!

Unknown said...

haha, that pic with Weston & the whiffle ball in his mouth looks like he's about to cough it up! too cute!

what a great birthday weekend!