Friday, February 17, 2012

Tyson's Shower Weekend

So this past weekend was one of the most special I've ever had. It started off by having my 2 best life-long friends in town. Brittany drove over from New Braunfels and Jenifer was in town staying with me too. THEN Misty and Catherine treated all of us to pedicures!!! We left 8 boys at my house!!!! (yes, there were 2 babysitters watching over them) We had a great time gettin g all pampered....what a treat!
Then they gave me a shower that night. Here's the invite from it....so cute! 3 little boys in a tub!

It was such a special night that I will remember for always. They (Misty, Catherine and Dena) went WAY overboard and did WAY too much for me. They had the room at the restaurant decorated so cute in a bath theme. Everyone had brought me diapers for Tyson too. I felt so loved!!



THEN.....to my surprise my mom and sister walked in!!! I had NO idea that they were even thinking of coming and come to find out later it was all planned long ago without my knowing. It meant the world to me that they had made the long drive to be there for me.

Melody, Me and Mom



So what an amazing night. I was overwhelmed by who all gave up their Friday night to be there for me.....sweet sweet friends and family. I actually stood up at the end and gave a "mini" speech. I had written it down on a notecard before I got there that night. I'm sure they made fun of me but I had to take advantage of having all of them in the same room at the same time! I had my 2 best friends there that I've been with since 1st grade, my mom and sister, Linda (that is like family to me), Boerne friends (old and new) and FBC (old and new) friends. I can see so many ways that the Lord has used each of these women in different points in my life to keep me going and encouraged. Thank you to all these amazing friends that are in my life. Tyson was spoiled and so was his Mommy!

No comments: