Friday, January 31, 2014

Lucy Update!

So Lucy Marie Cross is her name officially.  We finally decided a few weeks ago and I love love love her name.  I went for a sonogram the day I left for Boerne (2 weeks ago) and she was measuring big (6 lbs and 6oz) so they moved up my due date to my original one which was February 13th. She is doing great though.....growing big...can you tell?!?  Not exactly sure why I'm posting this picture....I mean look at me!!!  That was a week ago yesterday...so 37 weeks exactly....
And then this was this morning....38 weeks and a day.  I was about to workout and I just think it's funny that no tank top will cover her!!!  Weston always tells me when she's sticking out :)  And yes, still running....privacy of my own bedroom/treadmill.
So the biggest thing lately has been working on her room.  Back a year ago when we moved the crib that Logan spent countess hours building got unhooked in the Uhaul trailer by a certain almost 3 and 5 year old....ratchet straps are just too enticing!  So poor Tyson has been sleeping in the crib this whole year with clamps attached to the sides holding certain boards together.....don't worry it was pretty safe :)  So I decided I wanted to paint the whole thing white for Lucy and Logan decided to go ahead and fix it too.  It has become quite the project....hours upon hours of building, sanding, staining, painting, sanding, painting, sanding and finally waxing it.  I never want to paint anything again :)  We tried the famous Annie Sloan Chalk paint on it and I love it!!!
We definitely have had plenty of helpers too!!!  We've laughed at the difference from the first time he built the crib when I was pregnant with Weston and it was just me and him out in the garage night after night.....now its me and him and 3 little boys that want to be right in the middle of everything :)
They learned how to use the router which was very exciting for them.
The shop vac was big entertainment!
Staining the new part....
Sanding....
Now painting....
I missed taking a few pictures in between....but painted 2 coats and then sanded for a distressed look....I love it!!!
Last night he finished up the waxing on it so tonight we get to put it all back together and move it in!  And why I say I never want to paint anything else again is because we did this to the changing table and the rocker/glider.  Gliders are NOT fun to paint....way too many little parts down under....but it's done and I love it all so much!!!  Worth it I think.....and hopefully Logan would say the same :)   Logan's done a ton of work on it....love that he can do all of that and knows how...amazing to me!

No comments: