Friday, March 19, 2010

Packing and Baby Update

My, what a week can do. I'm going to the doctor weekly now and I went last Thursday. My doctor went ahead and checked me to see my progress. She said I wasn't even dilated to a "1" yet and not effaced at all. I was relieved because there are way too many things that I'd like to get done before Caleb gets here. Well, I went back to the doctor yesterday and to my shocking surprise things had definitely changed. I am now dilated to a "2 to 3" and 50 % effaced. I was shocked! I guess that's what a 2 year old's birthday party and packing a lot of boxes can do to you. I told the doctor that we were moving on Saturday and she said, "I hope you make it to your next appointment." What?? Are you kidding me?? I'm only 36 weeks and I have a house to move into this weekend and lots of unpacking to do. Of course I know that it's only the Lord that controls when this baby will come, but still I was really surprised by the quick turn of events. So I'm trying to do my best to not push myself and take it easy. And yes, for all of you that are worried, I stopped running this morning. I figured I needed to quit anything that is making me progress at least for a week or so. Actually that's why I'm even blogging right now....I thought sitting down for a few minutes might do me some good.
So my poor husband not only has ALL the stress of finishing the house but now the stress of his wife going in to labor any day :) He has been great and it hanging in there. It's almost over.....we're moving in the morning so hopefully it'll all work out.
I've packed up all the boxes and they are now taking over this rent house! We're down to paper plates and paper cups.....no cooking for me this weekend!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow that was major progress for one week! At least make sure you didn't pack away your hospital bag!