Sunday, March 16, 2014

Lucy's Birth!!

I'm sorry this is SO late.  I've just been bored to death with nothing to do :)  Ha ha.  There were so many pictures that it took a long time to get them all on here.  But here's the story.....well I'm totally convinced my body does NOT know how to go into labor.  I think it was close to doing it on it's own but I'm just not sure how much longer I was going to have to wait!!!  I was trying everything....and I do mean everything.  I was having lots of contractions but they never were regular enough to send me to the hospital.  Here I am the day before sitting in Lucy's room in my favorite preggo shirt (just about the only one long enough at the end) and my favorite comfy sweatpants :)  
Judy and Barry drove down on Monday the 24th to be here for Lucy's arrival.  Never a quiet night at home the night before...no of course not.  We had baseball practice so we scarfed down a quick dinner at McAllister's before heading to that.  
I was scheduled to be induced at 4am on the 25th.  So it was a VERY early morning to say the least.  Logan and I headed up there and got all checked in and ready.  I was dilated to a 4 when I got checked in and they started me on pitocin (my enemy) at 5am.  Labor was well I guess you could say labor!! It wasn't very fun in the beginning.  I had very much wanted to try to do this last one all natural.  I knew that was probably only possible if my body went into labor on its own because pitocin makes it so very hard and different.  Well I thought I'd give it a try even though I was being induced.  It started off as a great plan....started contracting immediately and they were bearable at first.  Then around 7:30am they were getting down right terrible and I was only to a 5.5.  I was starting to doubt how much longer I would last.  The nurse of course kept asking when I wanted my epidural and I told her to give me another 30 minutes or so.  Well right after she checked me they got REALLY worse...like I was moaning and about to start crying.  (Meanwhile my supportive husband...aka coach...was eating Fuzzy's Tacos for breakfast in the room...yes I would've been more mad if I wasn't hurting so bad at that point).  My mom was getting her hand squeezed off and was with me too.  Well after about 20 minutes I decided that was enough and I was ready for the epidural.  The nurse finally came in and then announced she had to get a whole bag of fluid in me before I could get the epidural?!? What?!?  So that took another few minutes and a small wait on the anesthesiologist.  I remember asking where he was and if he could run to get here :)  Yes, I was hurting bad.  Finally he came in at 8:15 and got the needle in me.  I have NEVER felt so good as I did when that medicine started working.  They laid me on my back to help it work faster and I was so relaxed....I definitely felt drugged.  I did a 180 and was happy and smiling.  My dr finally came to see me right then and checked me and I was at an 8!!!!  Crazy....I had almost made it and probably could have but I just don't think I would've enjoyed it quite like I did.  He broke my water then too.  Last minute we decided to keep Weston out of school for the day.  He came over with Logan's parents and after the epidural came in to see me.  He was so sweet it bring tears to my eyes thinking about it.  He stroked my cheek and kept asking me if I was ok.  Love that boy.  He was so excited about his sister coming soon :)


Well I was completely dilated at 9:15 but we had to wait awhile on my dr to come back.  I didn't really care because Lucy's heart rate was great....actually it never was affected.  Finally around 10:15 my dr came back and we got ready.  It all happened so fast when he got in there.  I had a contraction and he told me to push and keep pushing.  Then all of a sudden her head was out and he told me to stop pushing.  The cord was actually wrapped around her neck but not tightly.  He untangled it and then I pushed and out she came.  It was so quick it didn't seem real!  Lucy Marie was born at 10:29am on February 25th.  She was so perfect....lots of dark hair, cute chubby cheeks, eyes like her dad, and she was very pink!!!  We had all guessed her weight before she was born and I was the highest at 9lbs even.  My dr had guessed 8lbs 6oz.  Right after she was born they put her up on me and then got her wiped off and weighed her.  They say it in grams first so all the nurses and my dr were saying "oh my" and finally they said that's 9lbs and 13oz!!!  I was so shocked.  She was so precious.  I loved her immediately.
They also said she was 22.5"!  Which is VERY long for a newborn!  At the pediatrician's office a few days later she was 22" which I think was more accurate but still a very long baby!

Tired mama....but a very happy one :)







Very proud Daddy....finally got his girl :)
Our last quiet moments just the 3 of us :)

Once I was cleaned up and ready, Logan went out to get Weston.  He knew she was just born and was waiting around the corner.  Logan stepped out in the hallway and saw Weston poking his head around the corner watching for him.  Logan motioned for him to come and he started sprinting.....so precious.


He was SO cute with her.  He is so proud of his little sister and I hope always will be!
Mimi finally got her a granddaughter!  Lucy is named after her...Lucy Marie after Judy Marie.  She got to be in the room when she was born too.
And her Grams too.  
Grams & Pops
Mimi and Pawpaw
And Aunt Mel and Kiersi and Kayden were all there to greet her :)
They all left to go eat lunch and Lucy got her first bath.  Look at those cheeks and rolls!!!
The other boys came up after their naps.  My sweet Aunt Diane kept them all morning at the house for us.  So this is our first family of 6 picture!!

Caleb was very excited to meet her too.  I'm praying they have a very special bond....actually that all our kids do.
Tyson wasn't too sure about her but wanted to look at her and touch her.  I love this picture.  
Here is her fan club :)
Aunt Mel giving a diaper change 
The nurse let Kiersi listen to her heartbeat.
I love these pictures too....Logan trying to figure out HOW to change a girl's diaper.  He still isn't too sure about it :)
Lucy and Pops
Lucy and Pawpaw
Her first of many bows :)
The second night we were just sitting in the room with her and we get a knock on the door.  To our surprise it was Katy!!!  She was in town seeing her family and decided to come over.  I was so happy to see her and for her to meet Lucy.  It just felt right to have a Boerne representative there :)  Gosh we miss everyone!!
They asked if we wanted to go home on Wednesday and I said, "no....this is like a hotel stay for us so can we please stay the 2 nights??" :)  So we got ready on Thursday morning and headed home.  Here's Ms. Lucy in her going home outfit she got from her Aunt Mel.
We got home a little after lunch and she got to check out her new room :)
These are her sweet bracelets her cousins made her :)
Her big brother was sure ready to have her home and get to hold her.
Lucy in her bed....home sweet home :)

No comments: